PDA

View Full Version : DC5 Type S colour

Prince_James
13-05-2011, 11:17 PM
Hey guys,
which colour would you prefer for an integra type s??
Orange seems to be the easiest to find ( to buy that is ) then probably Blue then white
didnt list gunmetal ? grey as my mate has one already
thanks

THEEYA
13-05-2011, 11:24 PM
vivid blue pearl

Indie
13-05-2011, 11:31 PM
Championship White, gold wheels. Otherwise, black or grey.

munkaii
13-05-2011, 11:57 PM
Saw a tafetta white type S today

Prince_James
13-05-2011, 11:58 PM
Saw a tafetta white type S today
yeh? theres like one for sale on carsales in aust or something i think lols

SuperJDM.
14-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Vivid Blue Pearl gets my vote, grey will have to be my 2nd choice.

r3ckless
15-05-2011, 10:41 AM
VBP gets my vote! i love it especially in the day. At night, it looks like any regualr blue, but during the day wiht the mettalic flakes in it ... trhats when it PWNS!

r3ckless
15-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Championship White, gold wheels. Otherwise, black or grey.

lol, can u get anymore boring. yes that combo works, its been tried and tested. I personally wouldnt do it as it is boring, do something different!

Prince_James
15-05-2011, 01:55 PM
lol, can u get anymore boring. yes that combo works, its been tried and tested. I personally wouldnt do it as it is boring, do something different!
Lols what colour would wheels will u go with if u go white or blue dc5 ?

munkaii
15-05-2011, 01:58 PM
yeh? theres like one for sale on carsales in aust or something i think lols

I drive a Tafetta White Pearl DC5R. I like that it stands out from CW.

talha.k
15-05-2011, 02:43 PM
this might also sound boring but; vivid blue pearl + bronze ce28n's...

Prince_James
15-05-2011, 02:59 PM
this might also sound boring but; vivid blue pearl + bronze ce28n's...
That's what I originally wanted to go with
I'm thinkingg vivid blue pearl with bronze 17x9 ce28s. With +35 offset ? And camber ( noob with camber and offsets). Mugen rear wing. Carbon fibre bonnet. Carbon front diffuser. A-spec f+r lips And carbon rear diffuser ? Blue lock nuts. What do u guys think ?

r3ckless
15-05-2011, 07:16 PM
Lols what colour would wheels will u go with if u go white or blue dc5 ?

Witha white car, pretty much any colour u go for will work well. Blue matches with alot of lighter colours IMO. If I have a VBP, i'd go fluro orange/light pink!

Indie
15-05-2011, 09:09 PM
lol, can u get anymore boring. yes that combo works, its been tried and tested. I personally wouldnt do it as it is boring, do something different!Yes, silver with silver wheels. White with silver wheels. Black with silver wheels.

Of course it's a popular combination, because it looks good. Too many people are concerned with 'customising' their cars, and choose things not because they look good, but because they're different.

I have a mate with that exact combination, and perfectly fitted wheels, and it's just the perfect DC5R.

SuperJDM.
15-05-2011, 09:15 PM
did the DC5S even come in champ white?

THEEYA
15-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Nope, i think it was pearl white it came in?? or another shade

stevanbonic
16-05-2011, 08:26 PM
That's what I originally wanted to go with
I'm thinkingg vivid blue pearl with bronze 17x9 ce28s. With +35 offset ? And camber ( noob with camber and offsets). Mugen rear wing. Carbon fibre bonnet. Carbon front diffuser. A-spec f+r lips And carbon rear diffuser ? Blue lock nuts. What do u guys think ?

thats quite a shopping list you have there :p Probably could make a fairly fast DC5 with that budget on aesthetics, would i be biased to say VBP gets my vote ??

p.s why the frak does it still say im a newcommer here lol..........

Prince_James
16-05-2011, 11:37 PM
thats quite a shopping list you have there :p Probably could make a fairly fast DC5 with that budget on aesthetics, would i be biased to say VBP gets my vote ??

p.s why the frak does it still say im a newcommer here lol..........
Yeah that is a big shopping list. I'm planning to build her up over time.
And then later on down the road when I do get another car or something strip her out. Maybe s/c for a track car
Prolly could see it as a life long project car. First car in a way ( had a da9 but didn't have it for too long )
Well doesn't matter cause this was a poll made to see everyones different tastes
Btw Love your car. Really clean and aggressive beautiful keep up the good work

Indie
16-05-2011, 11:54 PM
Strange choices, I must say. But good luck.

Prince_James
17-05-2011, 09:15 AM
Strange choices, I must say. But good luck.
Ehh ? What do u mean by strange choices ?

luxury_lowrider
17-05-2011, 11:17 AM
VBP and white rims!

stevanbonic
17-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Yeah that is a big shopping list. I'm planning to build her up over time.
And then later on down the road when I do get another car or something strip her out. Maybe s/c for a track car
Prolly could see it as a life long project car. First car in a way ( had a da9 but didn't have it for too long )
Well doesn't matter cause this was a poll made to see everyones different tastes
Btw Love your car. Really clean and aggressive beautiful keep up the good work

Probably would be best to buy another car if you plan on making it fast, a track orientated DC5 makes for a pretty crappy daily drive haha. I share the same sentiment to my DC5 as well, i generally hate it more than i enjoy it but thats what makes me want to make it better. Either way Gluck with whatever you buy :thumbsup:

SuperJDM.
17-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Ehh ? What do u mean by strange choices ?

what i find strange is him choosing a colour that doesn't even exist on a DC5S

Indie
17-05-2011, 06:07 PM
what i find strange is him choosing a colour that doesn't even exist on a DC5SHe asked which colour would we prefer. I would prefer Championship White. What's so hard to understand?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but have you been sarcastically replying to a lot of my comments lately? I'm pretty sure it's you. You seem to be a bit of a prick. Good luck with that.

DC5.Raven
17-05-2011, 08:57 PM
what i find strange is him choosing a colour that doesn't even exist on a DC5S

Just for the record, the DC5S did come in CW.
It was just very very rare.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?106898-SYD-2005-Championship-White-Honda-Integra-Type-S/page2

SuperJDM.
20-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Just for the record, the DC5S did come in CW.
It was just very very rare.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?106898-SYD-2005-Championship-White-Honda-Integra-Type-S/page2

dont quote me on that mate, i asked if it came in CW before making that comment.
someone did reply saying no.

DC5.Raven
20-05-2011, 07:29 PM
It's not a big deal. Just letting people know that it did come in CW. In case some people wanted it in that colour.

TODA AU
20-05-2011, 11:53 PM
Odd-ball factoid...
Blue ones make more power...
Funny thing is, based on our dyno history it's actually true & we've dyno'd just as many white & black ones as white.
Grey & orange are on average the turds...
Weird but true... LOL

I used to have Blue one too... :p

stevanbonic
21-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Odd-ball factoid...
Funny thing is, based on our dyno history it's actually true & we've dyno'd just as many white & black ones as white.
Weird but true... LOL

hehe more reason to go VBP :p

Prince_James
22-05-2011, 12:51 PM
Odd-ball factoid...
Weird but true... LOL

Haha I was leaning towards the blue originally but this brought it over the line HAHA. Now just gotta see if I can find a blue one let alone in my price range in nsw

yenvy4
24-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Vivid Blue Pearl with Black wheels- Enkei RPF01
White with Gold Advan RGII
Orange is just plain ugly!!

michaelz
24-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Good choice.

Re the factoid maybe Honda put the crappier engines in the less desirable coloured shells.

v-tec bro
25-05-2011, 05:47 PM
what about black? i would love to have a black one! sexiest colour alive!

Prince_James
27-05-2011, 11:15 PM
what about black? i would love to have a black one! sexiest colour alive!
wouldnt mind a black one, however whats keeping me away from black is how easily it gets dirty and how easily it gets scratches/ swirls from just washing the car and thats a big put off for me =( otherwise i wouldnt mind having one

WATAJK
28-05-2011, 12:37 AM
Funny you haven't mentioned Milano Red since it truly is a wonderful colour... just a very hard colour to maintain....

Indie
29-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Funny you haven't mentioned Milano Red since it truly is a wonderful colour... just a very hard colour to maintain....Milano Red is nice, yeah, and you don't see many of them around. What makes it hard to maintain? Fading?

THEEYA
29-05-2011, 08:52 PM
fades into a pinkish colour if not maintained

SuperJDM.
29-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Milano Red is nice, yeah, and you don't see many of them around. What makes it hard to maintain? Fading?

you dont see many around because most of the are pink now LOL, you dont realized that it was once MR

Prince_James
29-05-2011, 09:07 PM
not really feeling the red color but just out of curiousity how do u maintain it besides not baking it in the sun all the time

SuperJDM.
29-05-2011, 09:21 PM
not really feeling the red color but just out of curiousity how do u maintain it besides not baking it in the sun all the time

guessing you polish it every week?

WATAJK
29-05-2011, 09:45 PM
One a week, get into the garage, pull out your wax and wax it up.
(After you have washed you car of course)
I wouldn't just go by using the wax at a car wash as i think it's just rubbish IMO.

I spend at least 2-3 times a month waxing my car as i've just had it recently resprayed in MR, yes mine went pink due to previous owner being from QLD, looked like it had been in the sun 24/7 lol..

Keep it under cover is a must if you have a MR one as if you wish to maintain it's condition as best as possible...
Such a price to pay for a beautiful colour >.>

Prince_James
30-05-2011, 11:20 AM
One a week, get into the garage, pull out your wax and wax it up.
(After you have washed you car of course)
I wouldn't just go by using the wax at a car wash as i think it's just rubbish IMO.

I spend at least 2-3 times a month waxing my car as i've just had it recently resprayed in MR, yes mine went pink due to previous owner being from QLD, looked like it had been in the sun 24/7 lol..

Keep it under cover is a must if you have a MR one as if you wish to maintain it's condition as best as possible...
Such a price to pay for a beautiful colour >.>

It is a nice color if modified and maintained correctly Yesterday I saw a I'm guessing what used to be a red accord euro as it was faded into a pink. And u could see the top of the car a lighter shade compared to the bottom (bumpers)
As with maintaining an MR car. Is this with only some models of the Honda range (dc5) or is it all Honda MR cars ? Fn2 Em1?

michaelz
30-05-2011, 11:59 AM
most reds tend to fade because clear does not stick well to red. a lot of red cars don't have a clear coat, instead clear is mixed into the paint to protect it.

to prevent it oxidising you basically need to wax more often and keep it out of the sun when possible.

WATAJK
30-05-2011, 08:25 PM
most reds tend to fade because clear does not stick well to red. a lot of red cars don't have a clear coat, instead clear is mixed into the paint to protect it.

to prevent it oxidising you basically need to wax more often and keep it out of the sun when possible.

Red doesn't have a clear coat like nighthawk black, arctic blue or championship white.
Milano Red is a solid base paint so clear shouldn't be applied over it. Clear is mixed through the paint and that's what gives it it's BRIGHT red shine when it's well maintained.. only problem is, it's a bitch to get lol

v-tec bro
30-05-2011, 10:57 PM
Funny you haven't mentioned Milano Red since it truly is a wonderful colour... just a very hard colour to maintain....

no offence... but i find that the red colour is alittle girly
but that's just my 2cents

WATAJK
31-05-2011, 07:17 PM
each to there own dude.
No offense taken =)
If i had my choice again, i would of bought CW

v-tec bro
09-06-2011, 11:41 PM
each to there own dude.
If i had my choice again, i would of bought CW
AGREED... cw is BEAUTIFUL!