PDA

View Full Version : HONDA Euro Lug Nuts Size - Troubles ?/

adu
18-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Hi All,

I'm wanting to purchase long lug nuts for my Honda Accord Euro 03 model.

But the problem is I dont know the size I require.

I know definitely I need 20 PCS (20 Nuts)

But I don't know the size ..

It shows the following

P1.25 50mm Long

and

P1.5 40mm Long

Which one is for My Euro 03 Model?

Thanks
Ps
Thoses who help me will get rep Points **

Nepolian
18-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Honda = 1.5 pitch

adu
18-05-2011, 08:58 PM
thanks Nepolian

Anyone seen an Euro Accord with Long Lug Nuts?

Does it look stupid?

Nepolian
18-05-2011, 09:17 PM
thanks Nepolian

Anyone seen an Euro Accord with Long Lug Nuts?

Does it look stupid?

I have seen OEM wheelS with long nuts and yes it does look out of place. And..... please don't use tapered 'tuner' nuts on OEM rims that use rounded ends. There are some coloured nuts that come with the rounded ends. JDM yard from memory had some.

adu
18-05-2011, 09:36 PM
I have seen OEM wheelS with long nuts and yes it does look out of place. And..... please don't use tapered 'tuner' nuts on OEM rims that use rounded ends. There are some coloured nuts that come with the rounded ends. JDM yard from memory had some.

what do you mean by tapered tuner nuts?

im planning on getting long red nuts ..

so you think short red nuts looks better then long red nuts?

tuanEH?
18-05-2011, 09:49 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?89126-Alloy-Lug-Nut-Dangers&highlight=correct+wheel+nuts

Have a read of this thread.

Like Nepolian said. make sure you get the right type of nuts which is the acorn/round face nuts. Most if not all OEM wheels use acorn/round face nuts.

adu
18-05-2011, 10:05 PM
this is what im looking at tuaneh?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320589422075&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_7385wt_1139

Nepolian
18-05-2011, 10:18 PM
I'd say it's taper which I would not recommend. But hey, end of the day, it your car, your money and you life. Not much more anyone here can tell you.

charliebrown
18-05-2011, 10:29 PM
You haven't clarified... are you using OEM wheels or aftermarket wheels? If the former, then you cannot use those nuts as they appear to be conical (for aftermarket wheels). This is SERIOUS BUSINESS

adu
18-05-2011, 10:39 PM
im using OEM 05 luxury wheels ..
i definitely don't want to fk anything up .. thats why im posing the question.

hmmm

charliebrown
18-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Yeah you're most likely gonna need ball nuts man. Just undo one of your nuts and have a look at the seating pattern. There's 3 types: flat, conical or ball. Not 100% sure for the euro lux but most OEM's are ball. If you get those conical aftermarket nuts (the ones you linked), the nut will appear to fit... but it won't actually be sitting properly against the hub thing. Don't cheap out on nuts and make sure you get the right ones first time around.

About your question of OEM lux wheels with long red nuts. IMO any oem wheels look best with short closed ended silver nuts. Your car is a luxury type car, don't make it look cheap. Just my 2 pennies

I also don't recommend D1 at all man. Ive got a set, tread is all ****ed up

MWAKU
18-05-2011, 10:50 PM
what the ****?

OEM is acorn style

you need to get ur information right before you spread it around mate.

and before you read anymore wrong information,

read this

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?89126-Alloy-Lug-Nut-Dangers

*edit* link was already posted lol. worst information by charliebrown

tuanEH?
19-05-2011, 09:34 PM
lol like mwaku said, oem is acorn. charliebrown is confused haha, as for D1 spec nuts; they're pretty sh!t
If you're set on Long red nuts on your oem lux wheels try finding ones with acorn/round face...

MWAKU
19-05-2011, 09:45 PM
you will RARELY, if ever find acorn shaped long nuts.

if you want colored, try find a set of NSX OEM lug nuts, they're black

painting ur nuts is a short term solution, very short term, as you'll probably get all the paint off when putting them on, including if you anodized the.

charliebrown
19-05-2011, 10:13 PM
My bad, OEM has BALL seating pattern not flat. Acorn = ball im assuming