PDA

View Full Version : Questions about AP2 headlights

JN7
19-05-2011, 02:36 PM
the time has come!
ready to purchase AP2 headlights to suit my AP2 front bar, rear bar and tail lights.
Question is.. what do I need to buy? and what's the process in getting these bad boys put on cos there's no real diy on it.

ludecrs
19-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Buy:
L&R headlights
AP2 Ballasts (can use AP1 but it is a slight hassle)

Process:
Buy 2nd hand for about $600-800 + ballasts say $700-$900 total cost + post from US.
Buy from Yahoo JP for about the same, maybe a tad more say $1000.

Swap bulbs over, + change some bulbs, hack them up a bit and fit to AP2 light housing.

JN7
19-05-2011, 04:26 PM
cool. I can get brand new headlights for 900 shipped. so all I really need is the headlights and everything else is from the ap1 headlight?

YLDS2K
19-05-2011, 06:12 PM
If your just buying the housing without globes then yes u will need to purchase D2S headlight globes, u also need to cut off your indicator wires and attach ap2 indicator stalk that sits in the indicator socket. Parker lights fit straight in and no modification is needed to headlight or Parker light sockets/adapter. I would suggest taking your time with the install and do things properly such as solder/heat shrink everything

JN7
19-05-2011, 08:22 PM
I just read that the ap1 ballast is too big for the ap2 headlights so I'll have to make the hole for that bigger.
what's the d2s headlight globes for? don't the ap1 have those? what do I need to solder/heat shrink?

YLDS2K
19-05-2011, 10:35 PM
If u r buying just housing u need to buy globes and D2S is the type of globe that fits. Like how civics use a H4 and BMW's use a H1.

U will need to cut and swap over your indicator socket in order for it to fit the AP2 headlights and I recommend if your going to be cutting wires make sure u use solder in order to get a solid connection and use heatshrink in order to waterproof/protect your work

ncmx5
19-05-2011, 11:56 PM
Definitely recommend getting AP2 ballasts... PITA cutting the holes, retrofitting a bracket and getting plastic flakes from cutting inside the ballasts.