PDA

View Full Version : coilovers for eg

honda_zivic
19-05-2011, 02:50 PM
been searching around and the shit i found only go up 2 3inch drop.

is there any brand out there that can drop more than 3inch?

dougie_504
19-05-2011, 10:31 PM
How far do you want to drop and why? Going track?

Get a shorter set of springs if you're concerned. Brands like Eibach and Skunk2 are worth a look. You can replace the springs on the coilovers so they drop lower.

90LAN
19-05-2011, 10:34 PM
alot of jdm coilovers will do what you are after

spoon go really low

honda_zivic
19-05-2011, 10:56 PM

Get a shorter set of springs if you're concerned. Brands like Eibach and Skunk2 are worth a look. You can replace the springs on the coilovers so they drop lower.

i got the ebay coilovers on atm, as they say its 4inch drop, but its on the lowest setting with the safety lock collar removed and still not low enough. looks like a 3inch drop at most.
also shockers are dead so i mite as well upgrade to decent coilovers now while i have the money still.

not planning on tracking the car, only planning on taking it drag strips to run 1/4mile and mostly driven A - B daily bases.

honda_zivic
19-05-2011, 11:00 PM
oh and my budget is about 1200 max.

dougie_504
19-05-2011, 11:02 PM
So why the hell do you want a 4" drop? lol

What's your budget dude? Like I said Skunk2 sell shorter springs for lowies like you :D

honda_zivic
19-05-2011, 11:02 PM
alot of jdm coilovers will do what you are after

spoon go really low

cant even find them these days.

honda_zivic
19-05-2011, 11:05 PM
So why the hell do you want a 4" drop? lol

What's your budget dude? Like I said Skunk2 sell shorter springs for lowies like you :D

lol, man tbh i just want it tucking bit more.
with em cheap ebay coils it just tucking abit of my rim. :(

90LAN
19-05-2011, 11:12 PM
cant even find them these days.

there was set on here not long ago

jdm coilovers are sold here all the time

1200 just get some buddyclubs

honda_zivic
19-05-2011, 11:42 PM

i assume u got or experienced skank2 and eibach, but how do they ride n stuff? please tell me.

there was set on here not long ago

jdm coilovers are sold here all the time

1200 just get some buddyclubs

yeah everytime i need something theres nothing total bs luck.

i definitely have look into buddy club.
cheers mate.

dougie_504
19-05-2011, 11:49 PM
i assume u got or experienced skank2 and eibach, but how do they ride n stuff? please tell me.

Skunk2 was good from my experience.

Eibach I haven't used, but have heard good things.

I like my German sh!t. I run Bilstein coilovers on my daily and my weekender.

vtecing
24-05-2011, 04:17 PM
angle grinder

honda_zivic
25-05-2011, 06:40 PM
angle grinder

lol im not that sad to cut it, i rather compress them

i have ask eibach for 4.5" springs and they said its possible but i have 2 order 50 springs minimum for the production to go ahead.
so fuk dat.

stndrd
26-05-2011, 11:06 AM
get a set of bc coilovers. they are within your budget range and should give you the drop you want

liberx
31-05-2011, 12:05 AM

You want 4" drop and you're worried about how they'll "ride n stuff"?

Anything that low will ride like sh!t and will probably handle even worse. There is a reason no one makes springs that low - because they don't work very well. Most cars are sitting on the bump stops at that height.

Let's not kid ourselves here - you want it to look badass and it's going to suck in every other way. Not bein' critical, it's up to you. Just don't want you goin' in thinkin' it's all going to end up smellin' like roses because the physics says it can't, that's all.

honda_zivic
31-05-2011, 12:57 AM
i know wat u mean but the again its my life my cash and my car not urs. so dw mate.

honda_zivic
31-05-2011, 01:05 AM
mods u can close this thread. found the info n stuff i need so thanks anyways for those on here helping.