PDA

View Full Version : Civic Stereo Relocation - Civic EK/EM/EJ

dciisir
21-05-2011, 01:12 AM
Hi all,

Has anyone tried fitting an aftermarket head unit into the slot that sits above the the cup holder. I had a look at it doesnt seem to be long enough for a stereo to go in there. Reason being I want to put the dvd player there and the screen up the top under the air conditioning vents.

dciisir
21-05-2011, 07:31 PM
I found website and did it today :D

Took hours. I would not recommend using a file as u'll be filling for hours. Better to get a block of wood and sandpaper.

Here's the link if anyone wants to do it in the fuure

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:OZ86d5xXHQEJ:www.hondacivicforum.co .uk/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D47%26t%3D30612%26view%3Dunread +ek+civic+stereo+relocation&cd=16&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au&source=www.google.com.au

JDM-derek
22-05-2011, 02:37 PM
lmao, ive done kinda gay sometimes with my drinks there tho =/

JDM-derek
22-05-2011, 07:10 PM
it***

Jaiiiwon
30-06-2011, 12:28 PM
ey buddi.. just becareful with that yeah?

I did that to my em1.. n had the dvd player at the top n the head unit at the bottom.. but the dvd player is stufd.. so the head unit is bak at the top.
the thing is it left a MASSIVE hole on the bottom.. which not even those drawers that u can buy from them car audio shops could plug.

Just be aware that you can hav to replace your whole bottom console if you decide to go back. If so.. go Honbits. those wreckers had one in stock for me. i think it was lyk 50 bux.

but yeah.. just thought i'd let you know for future reference =)

blabla
30-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Im having trouble trying to find a din pocket that will fit were the original h/u was....any1 have any recommendations?? sorry to hijack thread....

1996_EK_Civic
30-06-2011, 10:16 PM
tried the aerpro or stinger websites?

blabla
01-07-2011, 03:23 PM
tried the aerpro or stinger websites?

Bought the universal one none of them actually fit all too small

Jaiiiwon
04-07-2011, 12:52 PM
you tellin me your head unit is just sitting in an oversized hole? if so.. you'll have to buy a new console.. because that's what happend to me.

try honbits.

if not.. then sorry buddy.. no idea.

blabla
06-07-2011, 05:33 PM
you tellin me your head unit is just sitting in an oversized hole? if so.. you'll have to buy a new console.. because that's what happend to me.

try honbits.

if not.. then sorry buddy.. no idea.

Will need try a few audio places to see if they have any that will fit that whole