PDA

View Full Version : civic eg - clutch pedal gone hard!

bawpbawp
21-05-2011, 10:00 AM
hey guys, yesterday i was driving and everything was normal. all of a sudden my clutch pedal felt abit harder. later on the night i turned off my car for a few minutes and went to turn it on again. i could no longer push down my clutch pedal to get in gear? ive checked the fluid level and its fine. this morning i could push my clutch pedal down again but still very hard. any thoughts or suggestions would be great thanks!!

bennjamin
21-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Check that there isn't anything physically preventing movement of the clutch pedal - such as underneath your clutch pedal itself - check the movement of the slave cylinder piston and that its consistent with your pedal travel -literally feel the rubber boot over your slave cylinder as a friend pushes the clutch in and out
Also try bleeding the clutch hydraulic line to make sure nothing has blocked the line
Finally how many k's on the clutch ? Possible seized
pressure plate or failed release bearing etc

Hoodzy
25-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Try bleeding the clutch. its worth it in the long run if you havent done it for a while. Could be something wrong as Bennjamin said like the slave cylinder needs to be pushed consistent and look for clogging in the line. Bleeded my clutch the other day and its nice and smooth. All the best with the problem