PDA

View Full Version : OMG...Integra axed... 2 years left:(

IRI
03-02-2005, 07:39 AM
I was holding up my local 7-11 last night when i went passed the magazine section and picked up wheels mag. I flipped it open to a short article about the new Type S. In the article it said that in two years the integra will officially no longer be in the Honda line up anymore!:( WTF:confused:.
Anyone heard anymore on this?

So they've murdered prelude, now integra, what next???

Hondavirgin
03-02-2005, 07:59 AM
you'd think it'd be crazy of them to not bring in a replacement, its a pretty valuable segment of the market and it would leave a massive hole in their line up between Jazz and Accord.

bumography
03-02-2005, 08:16 AM
I hate honda..
they dont care about us
they just wanna make cars that are practical now..
hmm
i guess thats why they won "The greenest automobile manufacturer" award
hehehe

civicboy
03-02-2005, 08:44 AM
im sure they'll make a come back! Type R that is - hondas r full of surprises..ive seen somewhere on da net while i was surfn...it was a type R in japan auto salon i think?? i cant remember now - it looked smililar to DC5 but with bodykit (looks oem to me) & abit of Type S? i dont know it could be a Type S!

SPEEDCORE
03-02-2005, 08:52 AM
I was holding up my local 7-11 last night

Cheeky little fcker aren't you!!!!

So how much cash you come out with? ;)

Boost
03-02-2005, 08:54 AM
bumography.. i just noticed ya avatar with what i think is a lil kid.. hes moving... thats freaky man. i was reading the post. when i noticed something moving in the corner of my eye.. looked to the side and Fark... its moving.. hahahahaha

SiR JDM
03-02-2005, 08:56 AM
it would leave a massive hole in their line up between Jazz and Accord.

Thats what civic is in there for ;)

Thats a real shame if they discontinue the integra, its part of the Honda heritiage

mr crex
03-02-2005, 09:27 AM
you cant believe everything wheels mag says ...

and in 2 years time they could change their mind or bring out another car to take its place.

industrie
03-02-2005, 10:28 AM
honda would be stupid to cut off the sports car range...with the CRX gone, Prelude, Type R & s2k and integra soon to be gone..wtf...the current civics are crap, the jazz has no power, all we are left is pimpin euro and oddy :honda:

EG4
03-02-2005, 10:38 AM
maybe they'll bring in the 2 door euro accord?

LO_N_SXC
03-02-2005, 11:05 AM
I've heard that they might be briging the CRX/Del Sol back to production!
But I really hope they keep the Teg on production or at least come up with some sort of a facelift???? I don't mind the current Teg it's just that all of the five or six generations of Integras look nothing alike! for example the first gen Teg had pop up lights, Second gen wich is the one that I own has long thin lights, then the third Gen Teg came out with round lights execpt for the JDM ITR and now it's got big shark looking lights??????? not only that but I will always love My tegs even if they don't make em no more :(

LONG LIVE THE INTEGRA!

Savant
03-02-2005, 11:20 AM
Are theys till making the NSX? Last i heard, when it was in R&D it was going to be as fast as the enzo. Maybe they aren't doing cheap sports cars anymore.

We don't have much oil left so it's good honda are keeping only the big money makers out there so they can concentrate on hybrid and fuel cell cars for production. If honda gets this done before other manufacturers it will be a big boost to them when we run out of oil and they are the only company mass producing fuel cell cars.

They aren't too stupid at honda.

kousoku
03-02-2005, 11:53 AM
yea they are prob the most forward thinking of the car manufactures..
by seroiusly, who wonts to drive a fuel cell car?!

the 1 litre engine producing 100kw or what ever honda's greatest power acheivment was is good enough for the conservation of fuel..
I SAY BRING BACK THE SPORTS CARS.

NeoNode
03-02-2005, 03:46 PM
Isn't Honda bringing the Acura name down under maybe the Integra will be RSX after 2 years who knows.

Sp3rMz
03-02-2005, 04:02 PM
Whinge Whinge Whinge, Nevol F**ken Bartoss.:D

You guys have to remember us younger generation is not the biggest market for Honda. The older generation would be their target range with their accords,euro accords, crv etc. Life follows the dollar sign $$$. As for 2 years time we'll never know i guess until the time comes.

Yes as a fellow teg driver, its a shame they'll killed the type R now the tegs full stop (as claimed) but once again if there no money in it, move on.

kenshin
03-02-2005, 04:09 PM
good news for us tien is it'll hold up the resell value :)

(although i dont wanna think about selling it... a 2005 jdm looks tempting :)~)

SKYNUTS
03-02-2005, 07:19 PM
They caught the Toyota Bug !!!

Javed
03-02-2005, 09:03 PM
Isn't the new NSX (HSC or HCS or some shit) coming?

00dc2
03-02-2005, 10:32 PM
I reckon Honda will bring back the CRX.. 1100kg 170kw 2.0 i-VTEC RWD

and just wait till the HSC comes out.. bulldust to people saying that there will be no NSX replacement.. the better Honda does in F1, the sooner we will see the NSX replacement!

My HSC prediction:
1300kg, all aluminium and some CF
V8 4.0, 350kW

Easily beating the Ferrari 430

kenshin
03-02-2005, 10:37 PM
would love to see honda compete in the WRC :)

Sp3rMz
04-02-2005, 12:15 AM
HSC is stil a concept car. As for crx GEN 4 i saw their concept looks nice. Hybrid civic, dc5 lights lOL. ALthough it was a photo shop.

ANd WRC theres already a DC2r converted to 4 whd rallying.

viperx
04-02-2005, 01:05 AM
yeah i heard they killed the hsc project too. wheres the evidence that its still likely to be the nsx replacement?

Spoon-Accord
04-02-2005, 07:24 AM
honda i think is trying to look at older buyer nowadays..
duno why.. but i guess it pretty stupid..!!

we should send honda japan a letter..

lolz

Ken

LO_N_SXC
04-02-2005, 08:13 AM
honda i think is trying to look at older buyer nowadays..
duno why.. but i guess it pretty stupid..!!

we should send honda japan a letter..

lolz

Ken

And a copy of this Thread so they can see what we think! lol

I just hope Honda come up with some new models for us guys to Tinker around with! :D

Kawasaki
04-02-2005, 08:37 AM
I think Honda is trying to copy toyota in a way... be a family car company, more $$ if you ask me. NSX will still be around but will be cheaper and will meld with s2000. IMO I think/hope honda will make a new V8 supercar to compete in the JGTC as the NSX needed to be turbo'd to keep up.

Savant
04-02-2005, 10:29 AM
guys, we are running out of oil! As in the end is in sight! Cool lets build more cars that use petrol and faster cars that use more petrol so when we run out of oil we will all be ****ed and have no way to get around. Although before that happens petrol here will probably rise to $5 a litre as the reserves diminish. And then my friends, the train and trams are the only way around UNLESS a company comes up with a car that runs on something other than petrol (not homer's beer powered car. one for you, one for me, one fo......). A fuel cell is an answer to this, basically it runs on hydrogen which can be relatively easily extracted from water. Hows that, a car that runs on water! That's cheap! So there will be no more bitching about paying $1 a litre for petrol. Sure they will be extremely inefficient to start off with (internal combustion engines now are only 15-20% efficient anyways), very slow and have no power but as more and more companies get into it, advancements will be made!

|N|
05-02-2005, 12:47 AM
guys, we are running out of oil! As in the end is in sight! Cool lets build more cars that use petrol and faster cars that use more petrol so when we run out of oil we will all be ****ed and have no way to get around. Although before that happens petrol here will probably rise to $5 a litre as the reserves diminish. And then my friends, the train and trams are the only way around UNLESS a company comes up with a car that runs on something other than petrol (not homer's beer powered car. one for you, one for me, one fo......). A fuel cell is an answer to this, basically it runs on hydrogen which can be relatively easily extracted from water. Hows that, a car that runs on water! That's cheap! So there will be no more bitching about paying $1 a litre for petrol. Sure they will be extremely inefficient to start off with (internal combustion engines now are only 15-20% efficient anyways), very slow and have no power but as more and more companies get into it, advancements will be made!

but then we ll have water restrictions... so we still not allowed to fill up our car...

EuroAccord13
05-02-2005, 01:19 AM
I was holding up my local 7-11 last night

So How much you got out of the cash register? :p :p :p :p

Hadean
06-02-2005, 09:35 PM
but then we ll have water restrictions... so we still not allowed to fill up our car...

Not to mention that one of the cheapest ways to produce hydrogen from water requires natural gas as an energy source which is a fossil fuel.

Also, while fuel cell cars are being developed, there isn't the infrastructure to support any of the production, transportation or distribution of this fuel and they reckon it will be at least another 20 years before any of the like will be viable.

Water is an abundant source, but if they want to produce hydrogen from sea-water, they're probably gonna need to desalinate it too and that's gonna be expensive for $$ as well as greenhouse emissions needed to process it.

In the meantime I think the best bet for now is the Hybrid. And the Diesel. Diesels are starting to make a comeback and Honda is not blind from this either. They have already built a Accord Euro with a Diesel featuring a Variable geometry turbo. It also features a strange and unique engine design and has won numerous awards whilst also breaking the world speed record for a car in it's class in independent test in Europe. Honda needs the Diesel to survive in Europe and I think when Diesel quality improves and particulate filter technology becomes more mainstream we will be seeing a new era of Diesel return and Hybrids as well.

Maybe a Diesel Hybrid is in order?

[ slayer ]
07-02-2005, 11:39 AM
how can diesel help in the grand scheme of things... admittedly im a business major, and not an engineer, but to my understanding diesel polutes worse than more refined fuels, and still require crude oil in order to be made??

zigengt
07-02-2005, 02:29 PM
This is bad news indeed. Or maybe Honda really has something in mind to replace the integra.

00dc2
07-02-2005, 08:23 PM
we probably have to wait till they win the F1 championship before we will get a NSX replacement.. but it will come. Honda have to understand that prestige and performance reputation come from the top of your range not the bottom... Like BMW not building its M cars.. it wouldnt work.

crazyray
08-02-2005, 08:44 AM
honda did axe the S2K line but they bringing it back as a mate of mine asked honda how much a new would cost about $75k mid year is when this will be released :)

[[d a n n y]]
08-02-2005, 09:50 AM
I think Honda is trying to copy toyota in a way... be a family car company, more $$ if you ask me. NSX will still be around but will be cheaper and will meld with s2000. IMO I think/hope honda will make a new V8 supercar to compete in the JGTC as the NSX needed to be turbo'd to keep up.

they are not turboed what are u on about

enoch
08-02-2005, 12:25 PM
ok guys, i read in an interview...and i try my best to remember what was said...

"i think toyota made a big mistake cutting the MR2 and celica, i think the sports car sector is booming"

i got the impression after reading that interview honda's gonna pull something out of it's ass and surprise the crap out of everyone.

oh yeah, mazda's making a hydrogen fuels rx8. ill be the first one to buy (if i have money)
im all for enviromentally friendly cars, i dont mind driving slower if i can make the planet greener.

oh yeah, anyone heard about the green airport being built in japan? magnetic strips so the transport bugs hover above the ground. the future is finally here

btw it was my idea, the anti-gravity craft, to use magnets. the japs must have been spying on me...

Kawasaki
08-02-2005, 12:38 PM
]']they are not turboed what are u on about

The real question here is what are you on about??

http://www.jgtc.net/race/2004/04team/04tm100en.htm

Twin Turbo V6, I remeber reading that honda was still having trouble with the turbo's etc etc, thats what leads me to believe a V8 honda supercar is on the way with the NSX taking the s2000 spot.

IRI
08-02-2005, 12:47 PM
Yes , but No.2 is NA:)
http://www.jgtc.net/race/2004/04team/04tm002.htm

Kawasaki
08-02-2005, 12:53 PM
well derr its in the 300 class. All NSX's in the 500 class are twin turbo. Ask yourself this would you rather win the 300 class or win the 500 class? IMO the new NSX that replaces the s2000 will compete in 300 class where as the new Honda Supercar will compete in 500 class.