PDA

View Full Version : Few questions regarding EK Civics

kittz
23-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Hi All,

Just new to the forums. JUst purchased a VTi EK Civic coupe and have a few questions (probably noob questions).

Will the DC2 integra rear seats fit into a EK civic?
Does the rails from a DC2 fit straight into a civic?
Does shocks/springs from a EK hatch fir a coupe?

Any info would be great guys, thanks.

MRK20A
23-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Hi All,

Just new to the forums. JUst purchased a VTi EK Civic coupe and have a few questions (probably noob questions).

Will the DC2 integra rear seats fit into a EK civic?
Does the rails from a DC2 fit straight into a civic?
Does shocks/springs from a EK hatch fir a coupe?

Any info would be great guys, thanks.

According to my research the DC2 seats will fit but they aren't quite wide enough so you you will have gaps between the seats/on the sides. People have suggested DB9 seats but I have also heard that these are two side so require cutting of the plastic trim either side of the seat base.

DC2 rails won't fit EK Civics. Only EG's.

And the shock/spring combo or coilovers from a EK hatch will fit your EJ8.

kittz
23-05-2011, 09:32 PM
Thanks heaps for the info MRK20A.

mugen_ctr
23-05-2011, 09:47 PM
According to my research the DC2 seats will fit but they aren't quite wide enough so you you will have gaps between the seats/on the sides. People have suggested DB9 seats but I have also heard that these are two side so require cutting of the plastic trim either side of the seat base.

DC2 rails won't fit EK Civics. Only EG's.

And the shock/spring combo or coilovers from a EK hatch will fit your EJ8.

Just to clarify on that....

Dc2 seats will fit, only 3/4 rails bolt will hole will line up, unless u mod the dc2 rails, OR u can swap out the ek rails onto the dc2 seats which than it will be 100% fitment, only thing is that the seat will sit lob sided, which is prbs best to mod the dc2 rails to fit onto the ek bolt holes, as the seat will be more flush an not crooked

As far as size goes, its smaller than ek, weighs much less an holds u in 100 times better than ek seats :D

ive got dc2 seats in my civic atm, but if ur using dc2 rails, u will sit about 1 inch lower, which is fantastic! never liked the height of the stock ek seats

All ek/EJ/EM all use the same struts, so in lay mans term they are all the same lol

kittz
23-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Haha thanks Mugen_ctr, just don't know much info about Honda's. Had Toyotas/Mitsubishis in the past.

What mods do you have on your coupe?