PDA

View Full Version : Help with shift lights

pookie
11-12-2003, 03:56 PM
i did a search but couldnt find anything

trying to add a shift light to my 96 GLI (D16Y4)

3 wires to connect, battery, 12v ignition and tach senson...

battery and ignition are fine

where do i find the tach sensor? anyone?

i went to a local honda dealer, they couldnt help me :x

XXpl0Sive
11-12-2003, 04:03 PM
What shift light is it? Look on net to find what colour the tacho wire for your Civic is. Then remove your clusters and splice the tacho wire and you should be set.

pookie
11-12-2003, 04:05 PM
so your saying use the tacho wire in the back of the dash?

i have had a long wide look on the web, cant find anything

its a procomp shift light

tofu R
11-12-2003, 04:07 PM
hmm i say **** that shit
and have a look at pivot ssl series
i have one for sale coindently =P

yeah but seriously ..
just plug it into cigarette lighter
and your away
very accurate as well
dun ask me how ..
=P

XXpl0Sive
11-12-2003, 05:39 PM
It detects the surge in current through the ciggy adapter I think ;)

Yeh pookie, all you have to find out, is what colour the wire is, so you know which to tap into.

For my car, it was the blue one, with silver dots on it. I found out at http://www.team-integra.net and also on the website for my shift light.

A'PEXi
11-12-2003, 06:19 PM
or you could find the wire comming out from your ecu and splice :D

bengbear
11-12-2003, 07:49 PM
Imagine standing in front of your car, hood up.
Top left hand corner is your clutch fluid reservoir. To the left of this is a bunch of wires. There you will find a blue wire with an adaptor head that is closed up with a black rubber cover. It is usually clipped onto a metal bracket. This is your tacho signal. Enjoy.

XXpl0Sive
11-12-2003, 08:52 PM
You can do it beng bear's way too :) But you will need to put the wire through the firewall with a coat hanger :)

Choongas
11-12-2003, 10:55 PM
Top left hand corner is your clutch fluid reservoir. To the left of this is a bunch of wires. There you will find a blue wire with an adaptor head that is closed up with a black rubber cover. It is usually clipped onto a metal bracket. This is your tacho signal. Enjoy.

yeah i did it this way, its right at the top left, right neat the front window. :)

pookie
12-12-2003, 09:36 AM

Yeah i have already done this, but it still doesnt work correctly....

it decides that it wants to come on at low rpm, like cruising at 100k 5th gear, accelerate a little say to 2500rpm and it will come on.. (when its set to anything, 10k?)

yeah

got a feeling the light may be screwed :?

eknine
12-12-2003, 02:10 PM
well i sugest you buy the pivot ssl from tofu r, coz installation should not be that fussy and well you might aslo have reason why you need a shift light:)