PDA

View Full Version : NSW ATTENTION: DC2 VTi-R @ EBAY

cheapdouchebag
25-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Came across a ebay ad for a nsw DC2 VTI-R, cousin showed me and told me to get it.
IT was a dc2 going for about $580 bucks so far. 106xxx kms. amazing. Said it was owned by an elderly man before the seller.

heres the link
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-INTEGRA-1995-VTIR-TYPE-R-LOW-KMS-SEXY-PAINT-/140554433257?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item20b9b272e9#shId

but i would liek to warn
DO NOT BID ON THIS IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE SUCKERED

was going through the fine prints of the car's pictures, have a look at the cluster.
sure it shows that the km's are at 106xxx
but have a look at the tacho.

since when did vti-r's have a 7k redline?! thats a gsi cluster if im not mistaken.

Just thought id warn NSW buyers, pay attention to the pictures and spot any differences you can haha.
Cheers.

DCZ 18C
25-05-2011, 03:30 PM
if you can get it for $580 id buy it xd LOL

act_gooner
25-05-2011, 03:36 PM
Thanks man. A lot of work looks like its gone into this car. Must have been a gsi originally as I don't really understand why you would put a gsi cluster into a vtir..

xenonkuraz
25-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Mate it's not a scam or anything.

Heaps of people with old cars throw in new clusters to make the buyer think they're getting a good deal.

In the end as long as the car is mechanically fine, has been serviced well and was bought for a good price that's all that matters.

This car seems to have had some good work done to it: dc2r gearbox with lsd, hondata ECU, respray, etc = $$$

It also mentions it has been thoroughly serviced. So if you can get proof of that you'll be fine.

My 2c.

Super-DA9
25-05-2011, 04:51 PM
fark if those mods are all actually in the car you could make a profit by parting it out!

dc2r-0636
25-05-2011, 05:10 PM
engine number looks right. B18C21100421

logical
25-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Did GSI's vin numbers come in jhmdc2xxxxxxxxx? Always thought they were jhmdc4xxxxxxxxx. I could probs be wrong.

But I have to agree with xenonkuraz, I mean it's not Type R for sho but those numbers i.e. vin and engine look like vtir numbers to me =/

Bulbasaur
25-05-2011, 07:34 PM
im so confused are we discussing if its not a type r or not a vtir?

TheSaint
25-05-2011, 07:52 PM
i just asked him about the discrepancy in redline - will report back when he answers =p

MWAKU
25-05-2011, 08:05 PM
looks like a decent deal. go check the RTA to see if the ODO matches up with annual slips? but other then that looks good, except the front is still pre facelift :P

so pretty much u made a big deal because his running a gsi cluster on a vtir which could be fake kms ? u need to relax lol. if the engine is fine, KMs are not so much of a worry, unless you really are worried about suspension, bushing, arms age.

crobaa
25-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Mate it's not a scam or anything.

Heaps of people with old cars throw in new clusters to make the buyer think they're getting a good deal.

In the end as long as the car is mechanically fine, has been serviced well and was bought for a good price that's all that matters.

This car seems to have had some good work done to it: dc2r gearbox with lsd, hondata ECU, respray, etc = $$$

It also mentions it has been thoroughly serviced. So if you can get proof of that you'll be fine.

My 2c.

Are you for real or what?? How is it not a scam? The seller is lying about the car to trick buyers for his own personal gain? Even if the car has been well maintained and in good condition parts still only last a certain amount of km's. Might as well tell the buyers it's had a full rebuild if lying to get more money is ok?

MWAKU
25-05-2011, 08:13 PM
so lets say it sells for 5k
its a scam?

the car is worth more then 5k in parts alone

there is no specification in why you should buy the car? for you could buy the car for intentions to part out? and then the KMs wouldn't matter as much.

buyer beware.

but thanks for letting me know about this, if it goes cheap enough, time to part out :)

Alexplicit
25-05-2011, 08:38 PM
jap spec dc4 cluster? 180km ? cant be original cluster

xenonkuraz
25-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Are you for real or what?? How is it not a scam? The seller is lying about the car to trick buyers for his own personal gain? Even if the car has been well maintained and in good condition parts still only last a certain amount of km's. Might as well tell the buyers it's had a full rebuild if lying to get more money is ok?

Yeah mate I'm serious. If you consider this a scam then help us all because dealers are scamming buyers on a daily basis.

I consider a scam whereby you pay for something and don't receive what you expected or don't receive anything at all.

You pay 5-10k for this car and you get a decent car with decent goodies. Kms may not be real but how high could they really be? 500,000?

Youre right parts get old and wear out. So what do you do? Replace them. If you were seriously interested in the car you would get it checked by a 3rd party before making a bid.

A bit over the top with your last comment there btw. Obviously if someone is going to claim a rebuild and the buyer believes it without seeing receipts then it's his own fault.

crobaa
25-05-2011, 09:21 PM
I dunno mate I just don't see how you can condone lying on an ad just because loads of people do it. Of course the car is still going to a be a good deal due to the mods but still doesn't make it right. Decent mods don't always make up for a car with high kms. This car could have 400xxx km's on it for all we know

MWAKU
25-05-2011, 09:27 PM
WELL the only thing is that, you can't really persecute him, because he hasn't stated that they are genuine kms, or even that they are kms that belong to the engine, only stated the kms, with no reference to anything, could just say theres that many kms, thats what it says on the cluster?

he hasn't really lied about anything, its more so, vague. and what if he bought the car like that? so he should get the blame cause he bought the car with that cluster, believing that it had low kms, which is why he bought it. if anything, he didn't know the car had head work to it. but he goes an elderly man owned it before? he doesn't actually state how many owners there are, **** it could be the first guy who owned the car who changed the cluster, and this guy could be the 10th owner.

and again, to protect yourself, be smart, and do proper tests on the car if u are weary, eg. compressions tests, things like that. it is up to you, to make sure YOU don't get scammed. he hasn't blatantly lied about 'anything', but then again there is no proof of everything he has said is true either.

its an advertisement, it is up to you to go down there and have a look and question whether or not to buy it

Infraction received for the deleted posts below - this one is fine.
- The Saint.

votek
25-05-2011, 10:19 PM
if your really interested then you would probably like to go have a chat with the guy. instead of accusing him of all this crap

TheSaint
25-05-2011, 10:55 PM
prefacelift is better yo =)

GSi_PSi
26-05-2011, 12:31 AM
thats japspec dc4 cluster lol at ppl making a big deal. if i was going to buy the car i would sus it out first before hating on the entire car

cheapdouchebag
26-05-2011, 12:52 AM
This is what i thought of the car

-as soon as i saw the POD filter attached onto the intake arm, i was just like WTF. If a person can go that not into detail how his intake is setup, i am curious about the overall condition of the car
-I saw the resprayed rocker cover, many would vouch that is a poor effort job. Just my opinion
-Im fairly sure that is a japspec cluster as it only goes to 180km, but in all honesty, the redline is messed up, im pretty sure a 'vti-r' or probably known as 'gsr' cluster go for the same price as their not that special compared to them typer/spoon blah blah blah ones. And with that low km's, im under the belief the current owner did that himself.
-If he had bought it from an elderly man (assuming elderly would be above the age of 55), I belive any worksmanship done by this previous owner would have been close to trade quality. But the first thing that popd into my mind is 'an elderly man wouldnt do this'

my own experience is that with buying a used car, theres always one thing or two that you forget to suss out and always manages to stuff up on you whether its minor or a major fault.

But yes, I did noob this thread, hence why its in the noob forum. and props to those who have been interested in honda's for a fair while spotting out and discussing about it.

Ive decided to not even bother with that car, too many suss factors and im in Melbourne, therefore, if someone wants to nab it on this website. Best of luck!

Cheers, Much appreciated.

tiksie
26-05-2011, 05:20 AM
Anyway,

Just check vin number. If it's DC4 = GSi, if DC2 = VTiR.

Simple really.

GSi_PSi
26-05-2011, 08:31 AM
+ smart mwaku is smart

Indie
26-05-2011, 10:32 AM
An elderly man did not own this car, that's just a typical lie.

flipfire
26-05-2011, 02:52 PM
FEMALE DRIVER... GOING OVERSEAS.. SELLING DUE TO BABY!!

i think every second seller in carsales is a female driver going overseas having babies hahaha

Anyway do a revs check and the RTA history before you buy it and inspect thoroughly. No one wants to buy a 106,xxxkm car when its really 300,000kms. It might be mechanically fine but a lot more crap could break at that age compared to a car with legit k's.

TheSaint
26-05-2011, 03:38 PM
i think we have established that its dodgey as hell

closed