PDA

View Full Version : Help Installing Civic FD Cusco Strut

heyalannn
27-05-2011, 12:58 PM
Hey,

I have a pair of the Cusco Strut Bars, and I'm having trouble installing it. Has anyone done it before? and can someone help me? I tried searching if this thread has already been posted, but i can't seem to find anything.

the Struts are: http://edvanceshop.hkcic.com/file/goods/1204257857.jpg

ekdez
27-05-2011, 05:58 PM
i remember a while back maybe a year or 2.. there was someone who installed these.
they had troubles putting it in.. and they had to fiddle until it fitted. they couldnt find an easy solution.

evil_1998
27-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Rough guide:

It might be easier to unbolt the hinges at bottom of 'V' using allen key, so the strut bar will be in 2 separate pieces.

Start by bolting on the left & right struts. Loosely thread on the bolts, don't tighten yet.

Once all aligned then bolt the hinges back on. Then all bolts can be tightened.

heyalannn
27-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Also, the guy i bought it from gave me two nuts for the bottom part. Funny thing is that the nuts just sit down and doesn't actually screw into anything. should there be more than 2 nuts?

ekay1
27-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Yeah i have the same problem, there is supposed to be some kind of flat piece of metal, which goes into the actual hole of where you said the bolts just " sit in ", which contains a small hole inside that the two bolts you have screws into ( if that made any sense at all).

heyalannn
27-05-2011, 11:58 PM
hmm, i don't 100% understand what you just said lol. is there a flat piece of metal i should be having also? all the guy gave me was the struts and two nuts. Has anyone got instructions on how to actually do this? When i tired installing it, i had to take out all the plastic surrounding, its such a pain in the ass, because once i put it back, the clips didn't sit perfectly and now its a tiny bit out of place. So until i try to install it again, i wanna see if anyone has actually know how to do it. also, i wanna say thx for the people helping me out so far.

ekay1
28-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Its hard to describe in words simply. Did you get it second hand?

heyalannn
28-05-2011, 12:25 PM
yer i did.

heyalannn
28-05-2011, 09:45 PM
did you end up still putting the screw in?

ekay1
29-05-2011, 12:10 AM
Mines second hand too. Thing is, i dont have that piece at the moment either. I searched around and found the missing part, but havent been able to source it as i didnt buy it from a shop. Ive got everything else done, except for that lol

heyalannn
29-05-2011, 10:52 AM
oh, so right now, you have those struts on your car but the bottom half isn't bolted down, but just sitting there? what kind of metal piece am i looking for? could you let me know so i'll go investigate and try to find it and finally get it on my car. thx for the help so far man, much appreciated.