PDA

View Full Version : Head lights not shining very far

jooboo
29-05-2011, 12:20 AM
So I was driving a friends s2k tonight and noticed that his headlights don't shine very far, roughly a couple metres..pretty much needed hi beams anywhere without light...

Does anyone else have this problem? If there a fix for this?

euromandeluxe
29-05-2011, 12:26 AM
Is the car lowered? If so the headlight level probably needs to be adjusted. There's a white plastic screw inside the fender that can be accessed from the engine bay, turn that with a long screwdriver or a socket on a universal joint to adjust it.

I'm pretty sure this is in the owner's manual somewhere.

dlai5552
29-05-2011, 12:31 AM
Yep, as euromandeluxe said, there's a screw connected to your headlight, shove one in there and start turning. Make sure you line the on a flat surface against a wall to line the two headlight lamps up...ie, so you have both pointing at same height.

zhong
30-05-2011, 10:34 AM
I bet he isn't running OEM HID globes!

But like everyone else said, it can be adjusted with the adjustment screws behind the headlight. Clockwise for HIGHER, Anti-Clockwise for LOWER. Park about 10M from the wall, then make sure the cut off is roughly 60cm off the ground - or just adjust it to your liking.

l3vnd1
30-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Yep, as euromandeluxe said, there's a screw connected to your headlight, shove one in there and start turning. Make sure you line the on a flat surface against a wall to line the two headlight lamps up...ie, so you have both pointing at same height.

Thats a good way of doing it however I believe that the right headlight is actually supposed to be slightly lower to the left to avoid dazzling oncoming cars to your right.

EG52NV
30-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Adjusting headlights is the worst! Wish there was a template you could draw on the road and wall so you know where to aim that shit!

na-118
30-05-2011, 02:42 PM
use a headlight aimer if you know anyone that owns one.borrowed use the wall

dlai5552
30-05-2011, 03:49 PM
use a headlight aimer if you know anyone that owns one.borrowed use the wall

wow! didnt even know they existed lol..
how much? and what does it even look like?

nguyen8892
31-05-2011, 02:10 AM
how do you use a headlight aimer? and more importantly where do you get one? :O

euromandeluxe
31-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Aiming the headlights isn't rocket science guys, don't know why you'd need a special tool to do it.

Park about 20 ft from a wall on level ground. Use a tape measure to figure out approximately how high up your headlight is from the ground. Go over to the wall and make a marking about 1" lower than that height. Then, turn the screws in the fenders to adjust the headlight level until the beam sits on the line you've marked on the wall. Make sure the lines overlap exactly for a sharp cutoff.

This should make sure your headlights project at a flat even level for maximum distance without the beam shining up into other drivers' eyes.

It should look exactly like this except mirrored left to right (as this pic is from a US car):

http://blog.onexhid.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/onex-hid-cutoff-line-step-6.jpg

dlai5552
31-05-2011, 08:53 PM
^^^
man that's what I said before LOL.. just point it at a wall on a flat surface and be done with it :D