PDA

View Full Version : urgent help!! car goes into gear, clutch engages but there's no drive!!

jpp
29-05-2011, 12:48 PM
i replaced my clutch fork on saturday (it was bent) everything was running smoothly until a day after, while i was driving i hear this clunk sound then i pulled to the side, after seeing nothing i tried to drive it, it was going into gear the clutch is engaging. the only problem is that it feels like it's in neutral with no drive. does anyone happen to know what this may be?

TheSaint
29-05-2011, 01:34 PM
same thing happened to me a few months ago - it was the drive shaft splines - there was a quick fix once my mechanic got it up on the hoist but i had to order new driveshafts as that wont last - end up replacing them with all the boots etc and now it drives great

this can be caused by people not putting them back in properly or installing them wrong when working on the car

jpp
29-05-2011, 01:41 PM
same thing happened to me a few months ago - it was the drive shaft splines - there was a quick fix once my mechanic got it up on the hoist but i had to order new driveshafts as that wont last - end up replacing them with all the boots etc and now it drives great

this can be caused by people not putting them back in properly or installing them wrong when working on the car

so if it were my drive shaft, would it be okay to put it back in without changing it if there are no noticeable damages?

TheSaint
29-05-2011, 03:16 PM
i had to get a mechanic to do mine - i suggest you do the same thing