PDA

View Full Version : 94 EG Sedan strut brace pics needed

tseesinngwailo
29-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Hey All,
After reading a few ads here that say DC2 strut brace will fit an EG, I realised something.. I have one off a DC2 Sir (was a JDM half my friend was stripping) and its hanging on my garage wall.

Tonight I tried it on my wifes 94 EG, and I found theres 4 holes that it lines up to, but does not appear to have any threaded part for screwing into.

Do any models come from the factory with a strut brace, and should there be a nut welded underneath? or do you use 4 bolts and nuts? (and 8mm or 10mm?)

If anyone has some pics, or can advise would be good, and I want to mount this up, I know it wont help her get to or from work any quicker, but interested to put it on.

Cheers
Tseesinngwailo

TheSaint
29-05-2011, 11:10 PM
goto bunnings, buy 4 13mm bolts with nuts, install brace ... win

this has been covered a few times before - i would suggest a search in the future

also they arnt a strut brace as they dont mount on the 'struts' they are a chassis brace that connect the strut towers
they dont perform as well as a proper welded strut bar will - but better than nothing

i have one of these and a UR bar on my EG sedan

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp81/the_saint7/PA010281.jpg?t=1306674589

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp81/the_saint7/PA120340.jpg?t=1306674584

tseesinngwailo
03-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Hey Saint, Thanks for the info, but regarding this bit "
also they arnt a strut brace as they dont mount on the 'struts' they are a chassis brace that connect the strut towers
they dont perform as well as a proper welded strut bar will - but better than nothing" so you are saying that my DC2R would be better off by replacing the factory brace with one that mounts directly to the struts?
I will get some bolts today from Bunnings and see how I go. Cheers, Tseesinngwailo

Glocker
03-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Hey saint, did the aircon hoses and stuff get in the way of mounting that UR brace? I had a look at mine and it looks like a superrrr tight fit.

xclusive_eg8
03-06-2011, 10:37 PM
bend the passenger side upper engine harness holder thing towards engine, then just push the brace in...........had no problems on my sedan for ages, just make it fit

TheSaint
06-06-2011, 02:01 PM
tseesinngwailo - yes welded braces that actually connect the strusts make a big difference - i also suggest getting a front lower brace as well
as for a daily driver - the factory brace is fine =)

Glocker - yes i had to move the hoses down and around the brace - i also used some foam and cable ties to stop it scrubbing at various points

xclusive_eg8 - i have removed the factory harness's and tucked all the wiring back behind the strut pillers and under the battery