PDA

View Full Version : DC2R exhaust question

DC2ahh
31-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Hey OH,
Ive purchased a Spoon N1 catback for my DC2R.
Just have a few questions, what cat will i need to fit the B pipe? also will the cat fit the stock AUDM headers ??

Also with this setup, will there be anychance of power loss ??

Thanks in advance :)

DTN
31-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Ive heard the Spoon N1 axle back can bolt onto the audm b pipe no problems but if your using the b pipe as well you'll need a shorter cat (jdm itr cat or aftermarket). You can get an exhaust shop to make the cat fit the audm headers but modifying is required cause the header will be too long. IMO just wait and get some jdm branded header then bolt it all on, the stock audm header is restrictive.

btw where did you source the catback from? wouldnt mind one for my dc2r as well :D lol

RSKEbaby
31-05-2011, 11:46 PM
You will need a aftermarket cat that bolts onto your AUDM headers and then on the otherside get a custom flange welded onto it so it will connect with the Spoon bpipe, or the otherway around..

No chance of power loss, when you change you cat, get a 100CEL or 200CEL hi flo cat, that paired with a spoon N1 catback should easily gain you a few KW's.

DTN - JDMconcept sell it new, but its a long wait If I remember, one of the Ozhonda traders in melbourne has a few 2nd hand catbacks in stock spoon,mugen,kakimoto etc.. not sure if he will post to sydney though. good prices aswell.

DC2ahh
01-06-2011, 12:20 AM
Thanks for your replies guys, I have been told that the XFORCE hiflow cat is a good local option to go with?

How much all together would i be looking at, to get all this done at a exhaust shop? including the cat, the custom flange and all labour involved?

Sorry for all the questions :)