PDA

View Full Version : Dyno/retuner in melbourne... flat spots

SIKCVC
04-02-2005, 11:41 AM
Hey guys,

Got big issues with power delivery... I'm getting even less power than i normally do.

But seriously its laggy from 2500-5500 and splutters a bit at 3000 every now and then... this is a huge pain in the arse since most of my driving is done in these revs obviously... its not so noticeable in 1st/2nd since they're too short but 3rd and 4th are pretty bad, 3rd being the worst.

I dont get why its doing it but i thought it could be a number of things...

fuel filter 10-15K kms

air filter 30K kms

people have also suggested it may be

fuel tank fuel filter?(do civics even have this?)

Fuel filter and filter are cheap and can be done anyway.

Any ideas? I hope its just simple crap like this...

Thanks

Nick

I edited some crap out coz i've check them and they're fine.

The plugs are black so its a fairly rich mixture... any ideas? maybe faulty map sensor? not really in the mood to spoen $120+ on a replacment though.

ECU-MAN
04-02-2005, 02:28 PM
check your ecu for codes. also check the leads and rotor button, if you can get some from another car try swapping them as a test. also inspect the dizzy cap.
also get your injectors cleaned, even if there not the problem hear you can eliminate them and they will perform better.

BLKCRX
04-02-2005, 04:52 PM
yo Mr MCCR Nick bring ya car around 2 my house ill fix it up for ya im just around da corner from you in donvale.

Regards James

bungsai
04-02-2005, 05:49 PM
I had that problem with my car a while back and about 7 hours ago.....car was struggling to hold its revs...no power..., was still accelerating, just slower...vtec still kicked in and all...jus tthe ride felt crap and yeah the car was shuddering.....it was shocking im like WTF happened to my car....popped the hood and started stressing..cos i couldnt find anything obvious...then i realized on of my ignitioan leads had fallen off...meaning i was running a 3cyl? so i plugged it back in and all was sweet.

prolly not gunna fix ure prob...but thats what happened to mine.