PDA

View Full Version : DC5 questions

Black Talon
06-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Hi there everyone.

I'm thinking about buying a DC5 Luxury for a daily driver. I just have a few questions...

Is it supposed to have some sort of plastic tray under the front of the engine bay that meets up to the bumper bar?

Is it also supposed to have some plastics in the rear corners of the engine bay behind the struts?

Thanks.

DCZ 18C
06-06-2011, 06:09 PM
need pictures to understand what you are talking about in the engine bay dont really get what your trying to say.?

Black Talon
06-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Sorry but I don't have any pics.

In the rear of he engine bay on the sides... are you supposed to be able to see the wheels, or should there be something between the wheels and the bay?

In the front of the engine bay, when you look down between the engine and the radiator, are you supposed to be able to see the ground or should there be a tray at the bottom?

DCZ 18C
06-06-2011, 06:15 PM
yer there should be a splash guard in the wheel wells and under the car also...

DTN
06-06-2011, 10:01 PM
yes you can see the ground if you look down in front of the bay there is no tray or anything

Black Talon
06-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Thanks for that DTN. I suppose it's been too long since I've had a 'normal' car.

ljy1990
08-06-2011, 02:48 AM
yeah mate, my DC5 special has a "tray" like looking thing as well underneath

Black Talon
29-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Next question...

Behind the glove box there is a small panel that can be removed from the ventilation system. Inside said panel there are two small plastic trays (they sit side by side). Should there be filters in these trays? Or were they optional non-allergenic type things?

Car is a 2002 base model by the way.

As it sits there seems to be nothing stopping stuff coming in through the ventilation system and getting into the fan.