PDA

View Full Version : EF9/8 Drive shaft/Axle Problem

hoyin3132
06-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Hi guys,
I have got a Civic EF9(JDM B16A) and my CV joint is start clicking when i turn to corner,

but when i start to replace the drive shaft from a CRX, it was too long than the one i got in the EF9, I have tried to find brand new one at Repco and other stores, but no chance to find one for EF9, so what sould i do now?? Is there any model that will fit or got the same length of EF9??

Thanks for your time guys n really hope someone can help me solving this problem

as i have been spending heaps in it just for finding a right one, cheer again*:thumbsup:

Dems
06-06-2011, 10:15 PM
if you can wait for shipping check out www.swapshopracing.com pretty cheap and can even get stronger aftermarket units for a bit more $$

otherwise locally i'm not sure what is similar, our cars share a lot parts with DA integras might be worth a quick google to see if they are the right length and teeth.

mocchi
06-06-2011, 10:20 PM
too long by how much?
you can try remove replace the joint only, keep your ef9 shaft.
spline size should be the same im guessing

hoyin3132
06-06-2011, 10:20 PM
if you can wait for shipping check out www.swapshopracing.com pretty cheap and can even get stronger aftermarket units for a bit more $$

otherwise locally i'm not sure what is similar, our cars share a lot parts with DA integras might be worth a quick google to see if they are the right length and teeth.

Thanks for your help first, i have found some info on google, some of them said i can fit 2nd generation integra drive shaft some have different words, i have no ideas wt did they say n even getting more n more confusing.....

hoyin3132
06-06-2011, 10:22 PM
I have tried that before, keep using my EF9 shaft n just replaced the outer joint of a CRX ED9 joint, but after i put it back, it will vibrate when acceleration..... sigh...

Dems
06-06-2011, 10:28 PM
Thanks for your help first, i have found some info on google, some of them said i can fit 2nd generation integra drive shaft some have different words, i have no ideas wt did they say n even getting more n more confusing.....

post up what you have found, 2nd gen integra are know as DA or LS here and look like thishttp://img511.imageshack.us/img511/9784/da9rollingshot74hnzn9.jpg

hoyin3132
06-06-2011, 10:42 PM
yeah that's the Integra that i mention, but i cann't found the post again coz i lost it....

Is there any shop u suggest for having a try? and anywhere that i can gain more info be4 i go n

get a one?? coz every time i say wt i need to the staff in the shop, they just like" WTF are u talking about?? It MUST be the SAME*"

don't want to go there and like an stupid guy....