PDA

View Full Version : Abs module?

mootz
07-06-2011, 07:54 PM
ok guys i have a question regarding my dc2 vti-r, its completely stock. no mods done to it at all yet and i noticed that the abs light was constantly on and whenever id start the car what i believe to be is my abs module will always make a buzzing vibrating noise for a few secs and will randomly make that noise again from time to time. a friend of mine who is a mechanic who checked it out said it most likely looks like i need a new abs module. A friend of mine who is wrecking a 99 em1 is parting out and has offered to give me his abs module and was wondering if this would be compatible in my vtir?

http://i32.tinypic.com/r8h840.jpg

i just grabbed this photo off google images, its not my engine but its still a b18c2 but what im referring to is the thing thats next to the pod filter on the left. is that the abs module? that is what is making that buzzing vibrating noise.

hope you guys can help me out!

Tim.

dc5.taiger
08-06-2011, 07:17 PM
my unit always made that buzzing sound on start up, but ive never heard it while driving.
your problem is common problem on dc2.
try checking your abs sensor first

mootz
09-06-2011, 05:12 PM
thanks mate, will do!

my unit always made that buzzing sound on start up, but ive never heard it while driving.
your problem is common problem on dc2.
try checking your abs sensor first

Mattski_VTIR
12-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Hey Mate,
Not uncommon for this type of ABS unit, it should prime when started, but if it keeps happening, then theres a chance that your accumulator has had it! (cylinder next to ABS fluid resevior). Best bet is to pull the code out of your car to make sure you know exactly what is at fault. If you need any ABS parts for your car (including controll unit and/or sensors) then shoot me a PM and might be able to help you with that. If you need any info on pulling DTC's from your car and identifying them let me know also.

Good luck with it all!

mootz
13-06-2011, 10:52 PM
Hey Mate,
Not uncommon for this type of ABS unit, it should prime when started, but if it keeps happening, then theres a chance that your accumulator has had it! (cylinder next to ABS fluid resevior). Best bet is to pull the code out of your car to make sure you know exactly what is at fault. If you need any ABS parts for your car (including controll unit and/or sensors) then shoot me a PM and might be able to help you with that. If you need any info on pulling DTC's from your car and identifying them let me know also.

Good luck with it all!

thanks man, ill let you know if i need any abs parts! :)