PDA

View Full Version : VIC transferring dilemma

zpreme
07-06-2011, 08:51 PM
hey guys, i have a dilemma. long story short..

my uncle went overseas to live and left behind a vehicle, it was still registered but wasnt running that smooth. in the end it was running in 3 cyclinders, so i decided to engine transplant it and by the time it was all done, the registration was over and so was the 3months after.

he doesnt know/remember his license number, wont be coming back to aus for a while.
i just wanna know if there is anyhting that can be done. eg. buy the vehicle unregistered, have the vehicle in my name. is it more trouble that i took the old motor out already and in with the new?

please help... thanks

votek
07-06-2011, 10:31 PM
go to the police station writing a stat dec of the story you want to tell. give this to vic roads and they well transfer the car into your name.

wont be any trouble but you need to get a receipt of the motor etc

Stig
07-06-2011, 10:35 PM
depends, is the new engine the same model as the old one or a different one which has a displacement of 10% from the original engine?

if so,

buy the car unreg, get a "receipt" from your uncle saying that you brought the car from him and now its yours,

have receipts for proof of ownership of the new engine

go vicroads and change the engine number to the new engine so it matches to the chassis

re-register, pay rego and stamp duty, get new plates if you want

done

... me thinks

btw me thinks you need RWC as well

zpreme
08-06-2011, 06:04 PM
d16a8 to b16a2.

can i jsut write up a dec statment of proof of sale or do i have to fill in the form from vicroads cos that requires his license number?

if i can just write up a reciept statement i can fax him the statement and let him sign it and send it back to me.

i'll have a go what you guys stated, thanks for help brahs much appreciated!

Symphorced
08-06-2011, 06:42 PM
For an unregistered car you don't need any forms from Vicroads. Just get your uncle to write you up a receipt for the 'purchase' of the unregistered car.

Btw, you'll need it to be engineered too.

zpreme
08-06-2011, 07:30 PM
oo sweet, then i'll just hand in the reciept to vicraods?

Symphorced
08-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Yep. You'll need RWC too because it's been 3 months since registered.