PDA

View Full Version : EK front bar

MrPlow
11-12-2003, 08:21 PM
Will i have trouble fitting a 99 EK (i think its the type r look) front bar to my 96 EK?

If it cant, is there any way of doing it without to much complications and modification?

I thought it would just fit straight on?

A'PEXi
11-12-2003, 08:31 PM
nah mate, the fronts on the 2 cars are actually slightly different. the headlight is slightly different as well.... you could get a full 99 version ek head conversion and then you can wak the 99 fbar on... many in the states have done this conversion :) the redesigned 99 version looks clean and better if you ask me....

revolution
11-12-2003, 10:44 PM
nah mate, the fronts on the 2 cars are actually slightly different. the headlight is slightly different as well.... you could get a full 99 version ek head conversion and then you can wak the 99 fbar on... many in the states have done this conversion :) the redesigned 99 version looks clean and better if you ask me....

And I also think the fenders are different aswell, so u will actually be looking at changing the WHOLE front end of your car....

VTEC16
12-12-2003, 12:34 PM
I really dont see why ppl would do the conversion....imo the 96-98 front end looks much cleaner :shock:

Ohh well.....subjectivity is a great thing :)

eknine
12-12-2003, 02:08 PM
well it a preferences thing....however i do agree with VTEC16 and revolution is right abt the fenders

if you are think of doing or having a 99 front look using genuine parts, you have to consider getting the front bumper, side fenders, headlight and maybe hood:)

well maybe the cheaper alternative is to use fibreglass aftermarket smash and change andmaybe somone here in sydney maybe able to customise the look you want. try asking around jetspeed, SRS or carmate:)

MrPlow
12-12-2003, 02:35 PM
thanks guys, but i was only going to replace the bar if it fit straight on, but now i know that it doesn't i will be sticking with my front bar... and team it up with a nice grille...

thanks for ya comments