PDA

View Full Version : Weird rattle from the rear part of the cabin

aaronng
04-02-2005, 06:07 PM
Hey all,

For the past 2 months, I've been having this weird sound whenever there is uneven road. It doesn't appear when I go over big cracks or speed bumps. It sounds like a fingernail tapping on metal. I suspect it is some cabling that is tapping against the roof when I go through uneven road. The sound is very clear and not muffled at all. I just emptied my whole boot and stuck my upper half body inside to investigate any potential sources, but I can't find any. Anyone have the same phenomena happening in your Euro? Just wanted to find out before I went back to the dealer (again!).

stephen8512
04-02-2005, 08:44 PM
nothing here...

Gazza
04-02-2005, 10:08 PM
Not anything here too. What is the mileage of your Euro and how long have you owned it for? It could be a loose screw or something.

Peekay34
04-02-2005, 10:10 PM
I have some noises coming from the back as well. But I know what mine is. The rear internal tailight is loose as well as the cover try that may be the same. Rattles like crazy espec when I turn the stereo up. Is going in for warranty repair Monday.

learner
04-02-2005, 11:40 PM
i have the same problem as well... but have no idea wat is it....
b4 i was thinking is the "box" that next to the left speak at the top of the boot.
"""anyone know wats tat??"""
the noise is like a fingernail tapping on metal as well...
every time when i turn the stereo up or over uneven road...

aaronng... can you pls send me a pm if u know wats wrong with yours?? and which dealer you goin to?
peekay34... thx for da info... i will try to look at tat as well...

JDM.Power
05-02-2005, 12:07 AM
its must be a screw like peekay34 said

Chris_F
05-02-2005, 01:47 AM
Yea i hear the same noises too.. no volume on stereo i hear the metalic sound... stereo on the other sound

tad annoying... i also have a rattle that comes from my glove box but after a couple firm bashings it goes

aaronng
05-02-2005, 10:43 AM
learner: I haven't gone to the dealer yet. I'll have to make an appointment. Hehe, they just saw me last week for my clutch master cylinder. They will be pretty irritated.
I've got about 4300km's on my car. The noise started at around 2500km or so.

With mine, it happens both when the radio is on or off. Of course, when the radio is on, I notice it less, but it is loud enough to notice. With the radio off, it drives me crazy!!! This is worse than a normal rattle because the sound is so clear and sharp that it is more irritating. I'm not sure if it is the taillight on mine, because the sound seems to be coming from either the rear shelf or the rear part of the roof. I haven't sat in the back yet, because no one knows how to drive stick!!!!!!!!

learner
05-02-2005, 01:11 PM
mine is also around 5000km.... i notice the noise after the 1k service.

learner
11-03-2005, 02:22 AM
aaronng. have u fix your problem yet?
i am goin to the dealer today... hope they can fix da problem.

Pum[Z]
11-03-2005, 03:46 AM
Man i have rattles in my car as well...

Most of it is associated with me having Coilovers.. So i don't want to annoy honda coz i know what they are gonna say its coz of the suspension...

The rattles are okay it just rattles when i go over uneven roads... But now my rattles are coming off from the roof...

Try to press the roof of the euro while ur inside and u will find that it makes a funny noise... Man i'm scared if i put an aftermarket exhaust my rattles are gonna be more intensified...

ABS121
11-03-2005, 08:52 AM
Yeah i have the same sound coming from the rear also, sounds like its coming from the left habd side rear door or behind it.

baboo
11-03-2005, 09:04 AM
could it be the seatbelt lock thingy knocking against the B-pillar?

I had that noise and it sounded came from the rear.
Solution: just turn it flat against the B-pillar.

learner
11-03-2005, 09:24 AM
just left my car at the dealer... i've ask them to write down wat problem.
will post up wat cos tat rattles later today when i get back my car

ABS121
11-03-2005, 09:34 AM
Baboo, no its coming from the rear seat area, not the B- Pillar are. And its a metalic sound, not plastic.

ABS121
11-03-2005, 09:35 AM
just left my car at the dealer... i've ask them to write down wat problem.
will post up wat cos tat rattles later today when i get back my car

Hey Learner, it would be good if you could post up the fix for it, fingers crossed they actually hear it!

aaronng
11-03-2005, 11:12 AM
aaronng. have u fix your problem yet?
i am goin to the dealer today... hope they can fix da problem.
Nope, haven't gone to the dealer because I've been so occupied. Please keep us updated on your rattle. :)

stephen8512
11-03-2005, 11:20 AM
the rattle in my euro has appeared now. mine too happened after the 1K service.....
and yeah, its a clear sharp sound like someone tapping on the body who has long fingernails. cant hear it when im driving with the music up but when everything is off and on uneven/coarse roads, u can clearly hear it...
doesnt bother me that much and i cant be bothered goin to honda to get it fixed. i'll let them know when i go to get my 10K service

learner
11-03-2005, 02:24 PM
Hey Learner, it would be good if you could post up the fix for it, fingers crossed they actually hear it!

yea, went for a test drive with the mechanic this morning... and he can hear it as well... so, hope i cant hear the noise anymore when i get back my euro...

learner
11-03-2005, 11:19 PM
got back my car...
he goes internal tailight is loose ( but i never touch tat ).. they fixed tat
but the sounds tat i mention still there...... : (
i will go back to them next week

aaronng
16-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Damn... that's bad.... Hope that they get it right the 2nd time. Which dealer are you going to? I go to Rick Damelian.

yfin
16-03-2005, 12:45 PM
got back my car...
he goes internal tailight is loose ( but i never touch tat ).. they fixed tat
but the sounds tat i mention still there...... : (
i will go back to them next week

I think this is a common problem - the rear window stop light?

Mine also came loose and was rattling - I didn't take it to the dealer as I discovered quickly what the problem was - it was just hanging there.. Pushed it back in - and haven't heard it since.

I still get slight creaks from the front windows though. Lowering the windows a few millimeters works - but still can here it a little :o The windows are just wound too tight.

baboo
16-03-2005, 01:47 PM
I get creaks on both A pillars when going up the drive way.

Anyone got it?

learner
16-03-2005, 11:09 PM
Damn... that's bad.... Hope that they get it right the 2nd time. Which dealer are you going to? I go to Rick Damelian.

yea.. i go to Rick Damelian too... and i told them i had a few friend have the same problem as well.. so aaronng.. maybe you can tell them we have the same problem... or we can go there together... pm me.

also ... i think the sound is coming for the rear seat middle seatbelt... there is a black box next to the speaker... the noise is coming from tat...

ABS121
17-03-2005, 09:30 AM
Ive cut and pasted a section from a post on TSX.COM, sounds very similar to the issue some of us are having..... and a possible solution...

Just wanted to share how Lindsay Acura (Columbus OH) fixed my rear deck creak. First the problem: Very noticeable creak/rattle every time I took a turn at low speeds (traffic light/parking lot speeds, 10-25mph). Very irritating to say the least.

The spot the creak was coming from seemed to come from the metal frame behind the rear seats. Seats were removed and EPT tape placed under the rear shelf - no luck. Rear interior trim panels, rear shelf, rear windshield and even the trunk lid and hinges removed - no luck. They contacted Acura and apparently there have been reports of this problem from a number of dealers and no one has been able to figure it out.

Rear speakers and seatbelt assemblies were removed - no luck.

Eventually (this was after they had the car over a week and a half), with all those parts out, they narrowed it down to a spot weld on the frame behind the left rear seat. They massaged the metal in that spot and finally, finally got rid of the problem!

learner
19-03-2005, 03:03 AM
spot weld on the frame behind the left rear seat....
can anyone show me where is tat exactly?
is tat mean the frame(board) tat in the middle of the boot area and the rear seat?
any one know is it possiable to fix it ourself???

learner
15-04-2005, 04:59 PM
ok... just done my 10k service yesterday...
have book in on 26 this month to fix tat problem
cos they have to book for the sound2000 device to see where is da noise coming from...
will update later.

ABS121
15-04-2005, 05:00 PM
Yeah keep us up to date on it, whats this Sound2000 device you refer to ?????

Pup
15-04-2005, 08:44 PM
I have a rattle that seemed to be coming from the door in the back on the passanger side!
Took it in for its first service.
Told them about it!
Guy tried to tell me there was nothing wrong!
Said it prolly only happens in the rain. explained in no uncertan words that it happens in the dry and that its there now fix it!
Took a tech for a drive he found it!
Its a nut in the side scurts that are used to hold the scurt to the car needs a washer.
Nothing having them do it taking it somewhere else!

Very pissed by how I was treated!
Never going back.
Very pissed.
Anywho, lives grand!

learner
15-04-2005, 08:53 PM
Yeah keep us up to date on it, whats this Sound2000 device you refer to ?????

the guy said tat device CAN detect where the noise is coming from...
the dealer have to book in for tat device.

the mechanic can hear the noise...
but just NO idea where is it coming....
so... they have to book for the sound2000

aaronng
21-04-2005, 04:25 PM
Hello all... bugger me, today while I was driving up the car park, which is full of slow right turns, the damn creaking sound appeared! Surprisingly, the metallic tap sound is less frequent! The creak is more irritating... My 6 month service is close and the dealer has sent a reminder letter. Gonna get them to check it out for sure before I book the service so they can do the whole thing at once.... Sigh...

Sounds like it's coming from the rear windscreen, but I can't be sure. Have to get someone to sit in the rear seat to pinpoint the location of the noise.

Edit: FOUND IT! It's the damn spot weld! Look behind the boot liner, at the area where the left boot joint goes into the boot liner. There is a spot weld that is half on the top layer and 1/2 on the bottom layer. On the right side, the weld is fully on the top layer, so it holds both layers together properly.

adammet04
22-04-2005, 11:10 PM
nice pick up...
wonder if this is a defect on all?

ABS121
16-05-2005, 08:40 AM
the guy said tat device CAN detect where the noise is coming from...
the dealer have to book in for tat device.

the mechanic can hear the noise...
but just NO idea where is it coming....
so... they have to book for the sound2000

Hey Learner,
Did you end up finding out what was causing the creaking?

aaronng
16-05-2005, 02:03 PM
Booked my car in to check for the sound next Monday!

ABS121
16-05-2005, 02:47 PM
ive got mine going in on thursday

aaronng
16-05-2005, 05:05 PM
cool. At Rick Damelian too?

learner
16-05-2005, 05:44 PM
Hey Learner,
Did you end up finding out what was causing the creaking?

yea... the noise is from the under part(cover) at the bottom of the car.
you can see and touch the cover at the bottom of the car.
it is cos of that touching the metal at the bottom.

ABS121
17-05-2005, 08:04 AM
Yeah at Ricks....

Yesterday the creaking stopped for a few hours, i have a slight suspision its the left side skirt. even though my ears tell me its inside, the noise seems to go away in wet weather....

ABS121
17-05-2005, 08:19 AM
yea... the noise is from the under part(cover) at the bottom of the car.
you can see and touch the cover at the bottom of the car.
it is cos of that touching the metal at the bottom.

Hows it going Learner

So did Rick's find that?? And what was the fix?

Peekay34
17-05-2005, 12:23 PM
I have a funny rattly noise that gives me the shits coming form the drivers door area ..it is not the windows, it is lower down. Happens every time I drive it above 60km took to it the dealer who said they could not hear it..Waiting to see if it gets worse.

aaronng
17-05-2005, 12:35 PM
I have a funny rattly noise that gives me the shits coming form the drivers door area ..it is not the windows, it is lower down. Happens every time I drive it above 60km took to it the dealer who said they could not hear it..Waiting to see if it gets worse.
Mine's a vibration coming from the door panel. I can only hear it at high speeds above 60km/h on reasonably smooth roads. I think the door panel plastic weld might have broken. When I put my hand on the door pannel, the buzzing sound goes away.

learner
19-05-2005, 05:13 PM
Hows it going Learner

So did Rick's find that?? And what was the fix?

this is wat the job details said...

Found stone splash tray rattling (touching) against crossmember...
applied padding between engine splash tray and crossmember.

i saw tat padding when i took off the bumper last time...
they really did their job..
BUT the noise still there... so... i will try to apply some padding on the side later... since they only applied the padding in the middle part only.

i have little vibration from the door panel as well...

evolution42
19-05-2005, 05:45 PM
i had the vibration from the door panel. it started after i got it back from the first service, which was a while ago now. Took it in for another service last week, and they seemed to fix the vibration from the door panel somehow. However!- there is a new buzzing coming from the B-pillar, behind the bit that covers the unused belt of the seatbelt. anybody else got something like this?

everytime i get the car serviced, it comes back with a new rattle ><!

aaronng
19-05-2005, 06:05 PM
i had the vibration from the door panel. it started after i got it back from the first service, which was a while ago now. Took it in for another service last week, and they seemed to fix the vibration from the door panel somehow. However!- there is a new buzzing coming from the B-pillar, behind the bit that covers the unused belt of the seatbelt. anybody else got something like this?

everytime i get the car serviced, it comes back with a new rattle ><!
I have that too. It is the seat belt height adjuster. However, it is very common with Hondas. Did you set it to the highest position? I've heard if you set it one step down, the rattle is not as bad.

evolution42
19-05-2005, 06:20 PM
I have that too. It is the seat belt height adjuster. However, it is very common with Hondas. Did you set it to the highest position? I've heard if you set it one step down, the rattle is not as bad.

Yeh i do set it on the highest position. I'll try lowering it one step tommorow- thx aaronng:thumbsup:

aaronng
23-05-2005, 09:29 AM
Just sent my car to the dealer. They confirmed my rear creak and also the door panel buzzing sound. Will get it back at 5pm today. Fingers crossed!

ABS121
23-05-2005, 09:33 AM
Just sent my car to the dealer. They confirmed my rear creak and also the door panel buzzing sound. Will get it back at 5pm today. Fingers crossed!

Excellent, keep us posted.... i took mine in the other day but surprise surprise the creak disappeared on arrival. and then reappeared a few days later.

aaronng
23-05-2005, 06:02 PM
I'm back! So far on the drive back and up my car park, there was no more creak!!! Here's what the report said.
"Check for creak from N/S/R when going round on incline & going slowly more niceable on right hand turns.
Road tested vehicle with owner and confirmed creak noise.
Further investigation found noise to be coming from rear parcel shelf area.
Spread apart seams N/S/R parcal (spelling, haha) shelf areas and lubricated as required.
Road tested vehicle again, creak noise no longer evident"

Spread apart seams.. Ouch... But that fixed it. I guess this is the equivalent of massaging the metal that the US TSX forum reported.

I also complained about the door panels buzzing. The report said "R&R both O/S/F and N/S/F door trims and insulated affected areas". The buzzing is gone on flat road (which is good), but a bit of buzzing still happens when going over rough surface (I guess this is inevitable).

ABS121
24-05-2005, 11:05 AM
do you know exactly where they did this? did they remove the boot carpets to get to it?

aaronng
24-05-2005, 11:57 AM
do you know exactly where they did this? did they remove the boot carpets to get to it?
They said rear left parcel shelf. I think it is the area near the left boot hinge. So I think they would have to open up part of the left side top boot liner

aaronng
03-06-2005, 10:35 AM
Noooo!!!! My left door panel sounds like something is loose!!!! I had both panels fixed for a vibration sound. The right side is fine, but the left now sounds like something is loose. When you knock against the fabric part just above the power window switch, you can hear something is loose.

ant234
15-08-2005, 03:28 PM
sorry to bring old such an old thread....

anyone still having this problem?
been getting this since after 1st service... its not really as described by some here, it only happens when i drive out of my drive way (a steep one with a big bump)...
its the sharp 'figernail' sound...

Its driving me nuts every morning!

aaronng
15-08-2005, 03:57 PM
I had mine fixed as posted earlier, and it hasn't come back. At first it started as a metal tapping sound. Like a fingermail on metal. I thought it was a socket that came loose and was tapping against the roof. Later on, I increased my tyre pressure from 32 to 36psi, and the tap sound turned into a metal creak! Sent it to the dealer and got the mechanic to test drive with me inside as well to point out the sound. It is noticeable when turning and and going up an incline, since there is more flex in that situation. At 36psi, even going over a largish speed bump would cause the creak. It turned out to be the metal flexing at a weld joint in the rear parcel shelf. Dealer fixed it and it hasn't come back.

Suntzu
16-08-2005, 09:59 PM
I have some noises coming from the back as well. But I know what mine is. The rear internal tailight is loose as well as the cover try that may be the same. Rattles like crazy espec when I turn the stereo up. Is going in for warranty repair Monday.

My cars done 4000km and its doing EXACTLY the same thing. Loose bulb and mount of rear brake centre! Warranty job for me too!

ant234
17-08-2005, 12:54 PM
suntzu, which dealership did u get that fixed?
I just can't get that noise consistantly enough to convience them something is wrong!!

fly_vti
17-08-2005, 01:01 PM
Hey all,

For the past 2 months, I've been having this weird sound whenever there is uneven road. It doesn't appear when I go over big cracks or speed bumps. It sounds like a fingernail tapping on metal. I suspect it is some cabling that is tapping against the roof when I go through uneven road. The sound is very clear and not muffled at all. I just emptied my whole boot and stuck my upper half body inside to investigate any potential sources, but I can't find any. Anyone have the same phenomena happening in your Euro? Just wanted to find out before I went back to the dealer (again!).

i had that when i got my exhaust done, (only when it was idling) its probably the exhaust hinges, because your engine is on it causes the exhaust piping to vibrate, check that it is secure and firm, take it to a mechanic to get it checked.

Suntzu
17-08-2005, 01:06 PM
suntzu, which dealership did u get that fixed?
I just can't get that noise consistantly enough to convience them something is wrong!!

Im getting it done at Rolfe Honda belconnen in 10 days. Hopefully they will sort it.

CL9EURO
17-08-2005, 02:48 PM
I wonder if the noise could be from the rear wiring harness as their was a recall on these about 8 months ago and I bet for all the new cars they now do that as part of the 1000km service and that is why so many report the problem after 1000km service. Mine's done 15000 and I have no noise.

aaronng
17-08-2005, 04:30 PM
i had that when i got my exhaust done, (only when it was idling) its probably the exhaust hinges, because your engine is on it causes the exhaust piping to vibrate, check that it is secure and firm, take it to a mechanic to get it checked.
Nah,my is on the stock exhaust. Also, the sound is distinctively from inside the cabin as it sounds very very clear. You won't miss it. It's as if someone is tapping on metal on the inside of the car. And it's just 1 tap per speed bump. If you go around 60km/h on bumpy roads, no sound. It's only when I go over large speed bumps at low speed, or up my car park (right turn incline).

I had it fixed by the dealer earlier this year. And it's silent ever since.

aaronng
17-08-2005, 04:32 PM
I wonder if the noise could be from the rear wiring harness as their was a recall on these about 8 months ago and I bet for all the new cars they now do that as part of the 1000km service and that is why so many report the problem after 1000km service. Mine's done 15000 and I have no noise.
Wiring harness problem only affected cars build before July 2004 I think. Mine was an August 04. Anyway, I suspected the problem was the weld point, as one guy on the tsx forums had the same problem. When I sent it in, the dealer did all the investigation, and they pinpointed the exact same spot as described on the tsx forums.

albii
17-08-2005, 08:29 PM
maybe there is a dead body in your boot....hehe

ABS121
02-09-2005, 02:59 PM
Update, this may be the fix. Ill try it tonight.

thread from TSX.com
http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23667

pic1
http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tsxreardeck12oi.jpg
pic2
http://img374.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tsxreardeck27yg.jpg

EuroAccord13
02-09-2005, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the link and photos ABS121... Gonna go check mine now...

ant234
05-09-2005, 02:16 PM
Thanks!! thats what i'm looking for! a photo! :P all the talk i have no idea wheres where :)

aaronng
05-09-2005, 03:49 PM
OMG, the fix was so dodgy. On mine, I can't even tell whether if they did the fix.

ABS121
05-09-2005, 03:58 PM
Dodgy yes, but looks effective, i just if you wanted to, you could whip out the arc welder and do a proper job...... or WD-40 the area and just grease away the squeeks

ant234
31-12-2005, 10:59 AM
Sorry for digging this old thread up... but I finally got my car for a service a few days ago... and got them to check that weird fingernail sound.
Initially they told me that they had tighten the suspension and its the 'fixed'. After driving down the road, did a u-turn OMG the sound was still there!
Because I had an appointment straight afterwards, I didn't go back there straight away but instead that night at 2am, I wrote a long e-mail to them how upset I was (didn't help when I had a bit to drink that night ;P).

Got a phone call at 8:45am that morning and got an apologies, and was told if I can drive in tat morning to get a mechanic to listen to it while we take it for a spin. Fair enough, that noise ticked as soon as we drive it out of the driveway!! I told them if they had test drove the car the previous day they would had figured it out!! :thumbdwn:

Still no resolution as they require to take the car for a few days to check it all over... I pointed them to this thread but I guess they want to work it out themself. I think it is so stupid that all Honda's service department didn't formulate a knowledge base for them to share knowledge... If we owners have somoething as useful as this and why wouldn't they be smart enough to communicate with each other? maybe thats Honda's fault... but come on!

Anyway, they were being really nice about it... I have to say they probably have one of the best customer service in any dealership I have ever dealt with. Great people, but I'm a little concern of their technical ability. I don't mind them taking my car at the start for a few more days, but just passing the car back to me and did nothing sort of peed me off a little bit. I'll see how their ability to fix this 'fingernail' sound first then I'll see if I'll ever bring it back there for servicing.

aaronng
31-12-2005, 02:43 PM
The dealer that did my repair had a tool which consisted of many microphones, a switchbox and a pair of headphones. The techs went out and drove around, while listening to each location on the chassis to find the source of the tapping sound. They fixed it in 1 day. But I knew that someone else had gone that the same dealer with the same problem previously. He had to wait a week for them to get the tool from Honda.

mik
01-01-2006, 06:34 AM
whenever i shut my doors i get a rattles sound, i had a rattling sound coming from the back of the car its was the removable boot cover were the speakers are? my antenna rattles aswell when i turn the radio on or off thats because of a bar that been warn u can just turn that around, not breakin the thread am i ahah, ok im new this is my first reply ok so ill write up a new thread introducing myself

aaronng
01-01-2006, 10:31 AM
Uhhh.... I'm trying to understand what you wrote, but I'm not having much luck. :)

ant234
01-01-2006, 02:11 PM
aarrong, I hope they can fix it in 1 day as well... they told me it could take up to a week which I'm not looking forward to. Hope they will give me a loan car in the mean time.

aaronng
01-01-2006, 09:59 PM
Good luck with your repair. If it is carried out properly, you will love your Euro 100% more. That tapping sound used to drive me crazy. I tried to live with it but I cracked at 7000km. :D

If they still tell you that they can't do it, you could try the WD-40 trick (if it is at the exact same spot in the boot. :)

ant234
02-01-2006, 09:13 PM
Aaronng, yeah I believe thats probably the most annoying thing with the Euro... I love it as it is but that tapping noise is just not bearable... and its embarressing to explain to friends.... its a Honda for christ sake!
If they can't do it, I'll do more then just crack it!!! esp they admitted there is an issue!

aaronng
02-01-2006, 11:00 PM
If you want it fixed for good, then you have to come up to Sydney. The dealer I go to, Rick Damelian, has fixed at least 2 Euros with this same problem. :)

ant234
22-02-2006, 10:07 PM
Sorry to bring this old thread up again...
but Eastern Honda in Melb had my car again... and apparently fixed it...
Got it back, then I went overseas for 3 weeks... came back and drove it, CRACK CRACK, the noise is still there... I wonder what i have to do to fix this noise... it is getting ridiculous!

I hate my car sitting in the service department all the time.

Aratahu
22-02-2006, 11:20 PM
Glad you posted ANT, I'm bringing my own car in for the 2nd time to fix passenger door buzzing but also for the back tapping/snapping - this is exactly what I'm experiencing as well. I will print this thread and highlight the relevant spots.

aaronng
22-02-2006, 11:52 PM
Or you could spray some lubricant into that seam. It will work too. THe dealer will open it up a bit and put grease instead.

ant234
23-02-2006, 08:19 AM
Aratahu which dealership do you bring your car to?

aaronng: I would do it myself but i'm not comfortable tearing my boot liner apart so I can fix something the dealership should have done!
*sigh* this is getting really annoying.

Aratahu
23-02-2006, 08:21 AM
Ant, I used Essendon last time (where I bought the car) but this time I'm taking it to Courtney Patterson in Heidelberg - both Victoria. Glad I bought the extended warranty, not locked into the dealer past the original warranty.

ant234
23-02-2006, 10:46 AM
update: I took the car in this morning and I made sure they know how disappointed I am about it. I didn't expect to come back overseas and they still haven't fixed it.

Anyway took another techie for a spin, got out of their driveway and he heard it... then he said don't worry about the drive cause he know what it is.

Therefore, I'll have to take it back from Canberra back to Melb one day to get it fixed. Is it true that they can't do stuff like this on a saturday? THey're willing to give me a car when i bring it in, but i'll have to take a day off just to head to melb to fix the bloody thing. (i was gonna come down for one of the weekend in March anyway)

aaronng
23-02-2006, 01:32 PM
Aratahu which dealership do you bring your car to?

aaronng: I would do it myself but i'm not comfortable tearing my boot liner apart so I can fix something the dealership should have done!
*sigh* this is getting really annoying.
It's not in the bootliner. It's in the cross bar in your boot. Just directly under the rear windscreen inside the boot. That bar where you have 2 yellow release straps. Follow the bar to the left and where it meets another piece of metal, that seam needs lube.

EuroDude
10-04-2006, 09:26 PM
Bah for the luv of god my Euro has a noise from the rear. I'm guessing its the same noise you guys are on about. It happens when I hit those plastic merge indicator things on road lane lines.

It sounds like a cricket or a sick mouse - its a squeak that vibrates three times :(
Gonna have a look at that rear left parcel tray frame... You would think Honda would fix this issue in the 06's :o

lol for days I was convinced I had another rattle in the right drivers door - turned out to be the coins in that small coin compartment to the right of the steering wheel :confused: