PDA

View Full Version : ABS light stays on after replaced alarm

rayta
09-06-2011, 06:26 PM
I have just got a technician to replace the faulty alarm with a new one on the 2002 Jazz. But now the ABS warning light on dash stays on since started car.

Took the car to Honda dealer and they pulled the fault codes of 61 & 13:
61: Battery voltage failure
13: Left front wheel speed sensor open or short

I don't really think I need a new sensor, quoted $200, as the car was stationary during the installation. Any thought? Would it be just a false code due to a voltage spike or something? Anyway to clear the codes? Tried to disconnect battery for over an hour but no luck.

Thanks.
Ray

ECU-MAN
10-06-2011, 09:51 AM
To clear the ABS code you have to either use the HDS or perform a proceedure with the SCS connector to reset the ABS ECU

disconnecting the battery will not reset the ABS ECU

check the left front WSS and ensure its connected or the wire isnt damaged

rayta
11-06-2011, 01:14 AM
So is it to jump the SCS connector? I googled it and people mention this method to reset SRS warning, so it works for ABS warning as well?

Contacted the guy who installed the alarm and he'll come and check the plug. I just want to know how to reset the code so we can tell whether the guy fix the problem right away.

ECU-MAN
11-06-2011, 05:11 PM
to reset the ABS ECU

1.With the ignition switch OFF, connect the SCS short connector (to the service check connector under the driver's side of the dashboard.

2.Press the brake pedal.

3.Turn the ignition switch ON (II) while continuing to press the brake pedal.

4.After the ABS indicator goes off, release the brake pedal.

5.After the ABS indicator comes on, press the brake pedal again.

6.After the ABS indicator goes off, release the brake pedal.

7.After a few seconds, the ABS indicator blinks twice and the DTC is cleared. If the indicator does not blink twice, repeat steps 1 thru 6. If the ABS indicator stays on after it blinks twice, check the DTC, because a problem was detected during initial diagnosis before shifting to DTC clearing mode.

8.Turn the ignition switch OFF.

9.Disconnect the SCS short connector from the service check connector.

rayta
13-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Thanks ECU-MAN, I'll try that :)

rayta
19-06-2011, 12:30 PM
Problem solved. The guy found the ABS cable got loosen when he installed the siren. Reconnected the wire and the ABS warning light is off by itself.