PDA

View Full Version : b16 js racing header fitment problem *Urgent* help

junoki
11-06-2011, 06:39 PM
as title,

i got js racing header for b16a, but got fitment problems fr. header front pipe to CAT, btw i got eg6 oem cat & JDM dc2r CAT. they both dont fit?? puzzling?? the bolt holes dont match up.

can anyone shed some light,

i got this header:
http://www.jdmconcept.com.au/index.php?option=com_jdm&p=detail&vid=28&cid=89

bought fr: jdmconcept as well, so i know its genuine

or do i need this to fit the header:

http://www.jdmconcept.com.au/index.php?option=com_jdm&p=detail&vid=28&cid=90

much appreciated for any help

jdm18c
11-06-2011, 06:47 PM
probs need to get a flage made up so it fits man

lemmm
11-06-2011, 07:19 PM
is the cat too short or too long from the headers to the b pipe? if not you'd need a test pipe and if they fit perfect you'd need to get custom cat welded.. correct me if i'm worng :)

junoki
11-06-2011, 07:36 PM
@Lemme,

the flange bolt holes dont line up properly (plus the flange on header is smaller than flange on cat), the length of cat and bpipe are fine, no probz bolting the headers to the block, its just the header to cat thats the OD'ing part

i thought jus buy the headers to fit the engine + jdm cat & any jdm catback will be ok... bolt on affair

dougie_504
11-06-2011, 10:49 PM
No, often the header won't fit the cat.

Take it to an exhaust shop and get them to fix up the flanges or install some flex-pipe or w/e.

lemmm
12-06-2011, 09:53 AM
yeah like what dougie said when i chucked my headers on it was short so i got a test pipe, but for your problem just go exhaust place and ask them to put it in for you shouldn't cost that much unless you know how to weld :P

junoki
12-06-2011, 12:46 PM
oh i see .... gotta 'adjust abit'

man thanx guys, without some feedback i woulda jus be pretty lost by now..

junoki
12-06-2011, 12:54 PM
i got spare jdm itr cat, guess my next step is to go exhaust stop then cut off old flange and get the shop to weld on one that fits the header end

dougie_504
12-06-2011, 03:32 PM
If I were you I'd buy a new cat. A 100cel high-flow cat from a reputable brand like Metal or Magnaflow. The ITR cat is getting old by now, and despite being a good performer will still restrict your flow more than a decent new one.