PDA

View Full Version : delete

jrstyles
13-06-2011, 01:27 PM
please delete.

white_ep3_civic
13-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Well I sold my 2004 euro non lux with 100,000k on it for $13k with coilovers sound system. You just gotta look around and go have a look at the cheaper ones in person as they may be a bit rough compared to the more expensive ones. Also the cheaper ones may be non lux. As for insurance it depends on your age not if your on your P's. I was paying $1200 for full comp with coilovers, extractors, cat-back, rims and sound system and I'm 22.

Lazarus
13-06-2011, 02:03 PM
$1200 with which insurance company??
How much is the umm..excess?

white_ep3_civic
13-06-2011, 02:16 PM
That was with just car with a $1000 excess i think. Does that sound expensive?

richard_k
13-06-2011, 02:28 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?124840-common-issues-Accord-Euro-CL9

Lazarus
13-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Here's another good link:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?17711-Honda-Accord-Euro-(Dealer-Warranty-Repair-List)

hooyn
13-06-2011, 08:36 PM
That was with just car with a $1000 excess i think. Does that sound expensive?

that does sound a bit expensive. i got insurance for my evo. 21 years old. license since for 4 years. no history. no fines. and paying $1050. for a euro i thought it would be quite a bit cheaper?

as for OP. my advice is dont worry about luxury models aand finding one with all that jazz. i had a lux and didnt really care for the leather. i actually got annoyed about it because i kept sliding around when i go up the twisty roads.

as for performance. shit is expensive for the euro and the gains arent worth the effort you put in. for me, the car felt heavy and numb to drive.

it does look sick if you do it right but it doesnt go at all.

jrstyles
13-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Interesting take on the Euro hooyn, I thought for a family sedan it went pretty decent. I guess I'm coming from a shitbox 1.5L 4cyl, driving this is still gonna be a world of difference lol. Mind you I have test driven a few Type R's becfore (EP3/DC5) and for me I thought they went like stink.

Funnily enough I haven't test drove any Euro's yet, I wanna see what they're like! Maybe my mind will be changed, I am still young so maybe this is too 'grown up' for me yet. And thanks for the links guys, I guess generally I should stay away tint, find a Euro who's had the power steering pump checked, and keep a spare door actuator around me at all times!

So I suppose a good price for a Euro non-lux under 100k's is under 16grand? Would silver or even white be more expensive?

white_ep3_civic
13-06-2011, 09:27 PM
that does sound a bit expensive. i got insurance for my evo. 21 years old. license since for 4 years. no history. no fines. and paying $1050. for a euro i thought it would be quite a bit cheaper?

as for OP. my advice is dont worry about luxury models aand finding one with all that jazz. i had a lux and didnt really care for the leather. i actually got annoyed about it because i kept sliding around when i go up the twisty roads.

as for performance. shit is expensive for the euro and the gains arent worth the effort you put in. for me, the car felt heavy and numb to drive.

it does look sick if you do it right but it doesnt go at all.

Insurance is weird though. My mate had a 1995 suzuki swift cino and then bought a 1992 turbo s13, the insurance for the s13 was $400 cheaper than the swift.

Lazarus
13-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Interesting take on the Euro hooyn, I thought for a family sedan it went pretty decent. I guess I'm coming from a shitbox 1.5L 4cyl, driving this is still gonna be a world of difference lol. Mind you I have test driven a few Type R's becfore (EP3/DC5) and for me I thought they went like stink.

Funnily enough I haven't test drove any Euro's yet, I wanna see what they're like! Maybe my mind will be changed, I am still young so maybe this is too 'grown up' for me yet. And thanks for the links guys, I guess generally I should stay away tint, find a Euro who's had the power steering pump checked, and keep a spare door actuator around me at all times!

So I suppose a good price for a Euro non-lux under 100k's is under 16grand? Would silver or even white be more expensive?

I bought my 05 euro in NH black for ~18k.
I think white and black are more expensive than the other colours, since the interior colours are different + with woodgrain.
But for insurance..(since im with nrma) 1200 p.a with 1000$ excess doesn't sound TOO bad.

But i'm with nrma..so...insurance is FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

jrstyles
13-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Hahah yea I've heard NRMA don't like the sound is mods on cars. Do greenies own this company? JK's
Do you have the option of lower premium/higher excess? I haven't gotten to shopping around for good deals so I've no idea really...

I know insurance also depends on where you live too, if they consider your area 'high risk' then GG to your premiums. Hopefully I'm one of the lucky ones!

Lazarus
13-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Yeh NRMA aren't good for insuring modded cars. But I haven't done anything to my euro =] Only dreams of putting a Mugen kit........

But yeh, in most cases you have the option of lowering the premium by increasing excess, one of my mates jacked up his excess to pay very little premium for his evo.

Hope u live in a low risk area lol more money to spend on yo ride!

jrstyles
13-06-2011, 10:21 PM
For sure, I was just talking to my girlfriend before, and after thinking long and hard I think the standard model might suit more for my tastes. Also will be able to spend more $$$ to make up for the lame 16 inch rims and new springs/shocks combo! muahahahaha so excited!

Lazarus
13-06-2011, 10:25 PM
after thinking long and hard!

That's what she said.

But afaik, the monetary difference between a Standard and Lux are minor, if only, like 1-2k?

jrstyles
13-06-2011, 10:35 PM
From what I've seen so far it's usually double that difference, in the private market, even more possibly, in the dealer sector. :S Maybe you're right, if the difference is only that much at the time of buying, might be worth it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I was reading the "std vs luxury euro" thread and, as hooyn said, it might not be worth it, depending on wants/needs. Ahhh choices choices.. I think I'm almost set on std (weight reduction!) and extra dosh else where...

Lazarus
13-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Yeh i totally agree, all up to wants and needs of the person, even though a few grand isn't much compared to the total value, it's still a few grand back into the pocket..
but i gotta say...
sunroof = win lol

dale_s15
14-06-2011, 09:46 AM
They're a great car. Smooth to drive. I definitely don't regret selling my Nissan Silvia S15 for my 06 Lux'. In my opinion, the Luxury is worth the extra bit more... just all the little extras are nice.. sunroof, HID's, fogs, heated leather seats, rain sensing wipers, 17's etc. Whichever way you choose, I'd definitely go the MY06 onwards update.. If you shop around you will get a good deal. Just keep your eye on carsales etc

antony
14-06-2011, 03:36 PM
All Euros are AWESOME...

captdel
14-06-2011, 03:55 PM
I paid 28k for 07 lux sat nav with 34,000 on the clock, in Perth.

I think I got ripped off, should definately be able to find one in low 20's.

jrstyles
14-06-2011, 04:43 PM
^ Wow I see, that is quite a lot more than one's I've so far, hope it was in immaculate condition!

captdel
14-06-2011, 05:05 PM
^ Wow I see, that is quite a lot more than one's I've so far, hope it was in immaculate condition!

somewhat, the guy who did the pre-purchase inspection said it was like brand new. The only reason I paid that much is that i had been waiting some time to find one to my exact specs (colour etc), so just thought i could try save a few grand and keep shopping round or just bite the bullet and buy it, knowing it was overpriced.

I figure for the time I expect to keep the car 4k isnt really that much.

Still happy with the purchase though :)

tron07
14-06-2011, 05:33 PM
get the FL version, less issues.

liberty68
14-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Yes i hate to agree with you , bought my 06 Euro lux for 21k with only 28,000 on clock , no sat nav was very good buy

gbang007
15-06-2011, 10:52 AM
got mine cl9 06 lux last month. 68,000k on the clock. came with sat nav too....picked itp up for $19500 which what a good deal i thought. Mint condition!

tengsta
15-06-2011, 11:06 AM
got mine cl9 06 lux last month. 68,000k on the clock. came with sat nav too....picked itp up for $19500 which what a good deal i thought. Mint condition!

holy crap man that's awesome, how much was it advertised for and how did you manage to get it so cheap? but then again cars in perth are always overpriced..

Brian.Ferreri
15-06-2011, 01:47 PM
I got my 06 Luxury manual in black from a dealer about 1.5 years ago, paid $27,000 for it with 14,000km on it so I was very happy. With extended warranty and some free servicing. Was thinking about selling it and looking for something newer. If i decided to sell it in about 4-6 months I would be pretty happy with anything over $22K since its only done 30,000km now. Am i dreaming for that much?

On the insurance cost, I was on my green P's when i got it, lived in a decent area, had no claims etc, First insurance company was about $1600, did that for a year and moved to a rating 1 with someone else and it dropped by $400. Not on my P's now so it will go down again at my next renewal. Also as I will be over 25 then. Excess was $1000 with the first insurer plus extra for age. with the second insurer it is $500 + age excess.

Good luck mate, I was coming out ov an old V6 Alfa with basically same specs in terms of power, size etc and find the handling on the Euro to be great with the right Tyres and suspension. For power, its fun for the streets melbourne has to offer, when you start modifying for more power, it costs heaps because you have to keep the ballance right for power and handling and around the streets... whats the point.

Well, thats my take on the Euro. For me it was about the comfort with a bit of fun, not about buying performance. for the $27K I paid I could have gone to an 04 or 05 in something else with an extra few kW but not what i was after.

Good luck finding the perfect car for you, dont be affraid to look for something interstate too. Ive heard of people making big savings.

jrstyles
16-06-2011, 03:11 PM
I see, seems like mixed insurance, some high some low. Guess some just get lucky. I guess I'll just be aiming for an 2006 model, under 100,000Kms. Hopefully I could get it under 19grand. I'll be very happy with this car. Not looking for the ultimate street racer, just a nice ride with decent space and a bit of grunt.

BTW kind of loans were you guys doing? as in length of loan, repayments, variable vs fixed rate etc..?

Lazarus
16-06-2011, 03:17 PM
Loans??
As in finance for the car?

avexdevil
17-06-2011, 11:19 PM
currently in the same position as the OP, shopping for a euro in perth. not looking for a manual, so that's 1-2k more pricewise, don't mind the non-luxury variation. i know little about hondas or cars for that matter, not looking to do any further mods to the car, stock standard suits me, however i'm fine with any non-drastic or appearance altering mods that have already been installed.

i'm currently looking at this one:
http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?Cr=2&R=10624356

Not looking to spend more than 17k to be honest, car will be used to commute from my home to the train station weekday mornings, but most long distance driving will be on the weekends.

opinions?

Lazarus
18-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Replaced front grill and bumper? Wonder what happened to that.

white_ep3_civic
18-06-2011, 05:24 PM
might of had a small accident

jrstyles
18-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Yea, either that or he really wanted the facelifted front lol.

@avexdevil: planning to spend around 17k for an auto will get you a decent buy from the looks of things. I'd say that's a ok price for 84,000k's, but like I said in my OP, the price seems to vary a lot with this car.

My suggestion (to myself also haha) is take your time! I feel this car is definitely worth the price, so let's bring back good results! :P

Fredoops
18-06-2011, 06:53 PM
That's what she said.

But afaik, the monetary difference between a Standard and Lux are minor, if only, like 1-2k?

More like $3k.

The 17" on the 06+ lux isn't that great anyway, so save your cash for some more sporty rims lol

tengsta
18-06-2011, 07:09 PM
currently in the same position as the OP, shopping for a euro in perth. not looking for a manual, so that's 1-2k more pricewise, don't mind the non-luxury variation. i know little about hondas or cars for that matter, not looking to do any further mods to the car, stock standard suits me, however i'm fine with any non-drastic or appearance altering mods that have already been installed.

i'm currently looking at this one:
http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?Cr=2&R=10624356

Not looking to spend more than 17k to be honest, car will be used to commute from my home to the train station weekday mornings, but most long distance driving will be on the weekends.

opinions?

have a look at gumtree. I was in the market for an euro and I saw a few on gumtree going at good prices for quick sales

antony
19-06-2011, 12:47 PM
That Euro looks nice,but the 06 model is the facelift model,so car was probably in an accident ???

Not sure about the alloys,I prefer the origional Honda ones any day...these cheapen it a little bit IMHO.

Terribull
20-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Perth here,

Bought an 03 Euro, manual, non-luxury with 108ks, lowered on 18s, immaculate for $13k just over 2 months ago.

Loads of Euro owners are on the crack pipe with their sale price. Shop around.

jrstyles
21-06-2011, 11:30 AM
Hot damn that sounds too good to be true, hope I can get the same luck! But I want minimum '06. new tacho ~.~ anyone retro'd HID's into the non-lux euro? or just replaced halogens with xenons. That is almost a deal breaker for me in terms of non-lux vs lux.

Fredoops
21-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Hot damn that sounds too good to be true, hope I can get the same luck! But I want minimum '06. new tacho ~.~ anyone retro'd HID's into the non-lux euro? or just replaced halogens with xenons. That is almost a deal breaker for me in terms of non-lux vs lux.
You can and people sell kits for it.. But ain't it illegal?

jrstyles
21-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Well, it's all illegal really. but the closest to legal me thinks is retro fitting a true headlight assembly. I'm surprised no one here has had any solutions to this. (again I realise it is illegal, but hypothetically most cops can't tell at a glance) closest idea:http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?66495-Retro-fit-a-std-Euro-with-Lux.-HID-lights and manually adjust the levels. I'll give it a try, as I've had some experience with proper retrofitting.

exams almost over! euro hunting here I comee

stylish.
22-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Lol Johnny... I can tell its you by the way you write on forums like this. Still up for testing on the 6th?

jrstyles
22-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Lol you got me. Yea I'm all good for the 6th. Got a few on my checklist, I will call them up possibly after my next exam (couple of dealer and private).

antony
23-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Good luck in your search,let us know how it goes...

adhunt99
29-06-2011, 08:17 AM
NRMA are a total rip off in my experience. Around $400 more per year on comprehensive than AAMI for me.

Fredoops
29-06-2011, 09:26 AM
NRMA are a total rip off in my experience. Around $400 more per year on comprehensive than AAMI for me.

Except NRMA you have choice of repairer (sort of) where AAMI don't, but for small repairs AAMI/SUNCORP/GIO has the fastest turnaround on repair timeframe probably in teh country (as in usually fixed in 2-4 days in metro area)
GIO has choice of repairer as well but it's more expansive.

jrstyles
14-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Put a deposit down in 2006 Accord Euro standard, black, 92,000ks.
with AAMI insurance, quoted just shy of $1000, maxed out excess, 20 years old, full comprehensive, no mods. Cheapest one I could get in my name lol.

Just working out finance, will update you guys asap!

Lazarus
14-07-2011, 10:41 AM
noice
hope it works out!