PDA

View Full Version : 1998 EK Civic GLI starting woes

Meatshake
14-06-2011, 08:05 PM
As per the title, my daily driving EK civic has been having problems starting recently. The first time I found out it behaved as though the coil had died or fuel pump or something as the engine just turned over and over and over, but wouldn't kick.

I ran the onboard diagnostic thing with no codes showing and pulled the dizzy apart to see for anywear (also looked pretty good). So I pulled out the battery and charged it back up, put the battery back in the car - and it started first go.. It was fine for a few hours, then later on I went to start it again and it persisted with the same symptoms as before.

Thinking it could be something with the ECU, I took the battery terminals off and shorted them against each other to try reset the ECU, and BAM it started first go again.

It seems that all I need to do is take a battery terminal off for a few minutes and then it starts again first go...

I'm getting sick of taking the battery terminal off, so I was wondering if anybody knows what is causing this problem and/or if there is an easy fix..

Cheers,

Meatshake.

joel89
14-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Could b the alternater