PDA

View Full Version : 99' timing chain tensioner

NOXCUS
14-06-2011, 10:00 PM
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows of any good mechanics in melbourne to get my timing chain tensioner fixed, iv herd of s2k engines blown because mechanics have no idea of how to properly fixem thanks.

alvin_R
14-06-2011, 11:41 PM
seeker motorsport @ clayton mate =)

AusS2000
19-06-2011, 08:23 PM
iv herd of s2k engines blown because mechanics have no idea of how to properly fixem
Where did you hear of all these blown engines, or are you just letting your imagination run away with you?

I changed my timing chain tensioner with a 10mm spanner, a hex key, and a pair of pliers. Just checked my engine and it has completely failed to explode.

NOXCUS
25-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Iv read a couple of posts a while back i think on s2ki and a friend warned me about it too but im just making sure, the other day i drove the car and pushed it in vtec the car stalled on me when i came to a stop and struggled ro start on me eventually did then i heard this knocking noise mainly on idle and it wad loud and inconsistent but went away after driving it for a bit. I checked the tensioner area and its leaking oil :/ im noticing the cars shaking a bit. I live up north is there any mechanics that are closer than clayton i live in roxburgh park up northern suburbs

AusS2000
26-06-2011, 12:10 AM
I bet you couldn't find those threads again though. ;)

Seriously, if you cam chain tensioner totally failed the net result would be some chain noise. Even with the guides fully relaxed the chain won't have enough slack to jump a tooth.

NOXCUS
26-06-2011, 12:26 AM
all i know is ill be selling this after i fix this problem along with the clutch leak, steering clonking gearbox problems etc etc etc ect ect ect ect.... the best and worse car at times. :(

Clio
26-06-2011, 09:40 AM
I suspect you clutch leak and clonking gearbox are one and the same problem. Get a new slave and/or master cylinder.

AusS2000
27-06-2011, 10:11 AM
BTW, way to advertise your car. ;)

garett
30-06-2011, 11:51 AM
ill give you 10k :)

NOXCUS
06-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Just got a new tensioner put in with a new clutch master cylinder. When i started the car out of the mechanic hop car was nice and silent much much better than before, but by the time i drove it home the tapping comes back :( its more of a constant knocking noise. Im seriously over it and garret 10k is looking like a generouse offer lol. better off with a prius..... :/