PDA

View Full Version : Do i need a tune

egitr
16-06-2011, 08:24 AM
Hey

I installed after market header and an exhaust system
Headers are rmf replica narrow
Exhaust apexi ??? very quiet.

Does the car need a tune or will it be fine?

thanks all

Benson
16-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Its best to get a tune to maximise your engine performance. You will find with the right tuner, the car will run more efficiently, smoother and has a greater torque band

egitr
16-06-2011, 08:36 AM
If i go without a tune
can it damage the engine?

Alexplicit
16-06-2011, 08:48 AM
no.

a tune is mearly something to get the absolute maximum out of your upgrades, the only time i see the NEED to have a tune is when your installing something that REQUIRES more fuel, such as forced induction.

Benson
16-06-2011, 09:00 AM
no.

a tune is mearly something to get the absolute maximum out of your upgrades, the only time i see the NEED to have a tune is when your installing something that REQUIRES more fuel, such as forced induction.

Have you seen the result of a car tuned and a car on stock ECU?

Alexplicit
16-06-2011, 10:24 AM
yes mine.

the way i read the question is, is he going to damage his engine with bolt ons, without a tune. no i dont believe he will damage his engine,

Yes you it will be more benefitial, but it is a want not a need.

please correct me if im wrong

egitr
16-06-2011, 02:16 PM
thanks for the input fellas :)

aggord
21-06-2011, 02:46 PM
no.

Pretty much wat Alex said, tbh.

An EFI tune will increase performance, not efficiency, and only slightly with a performance exhaust upgrade. save your cash atleast untill after you do intake upgrades and maybe until after head work and/or cam/s.

Gord

TheSaint
27-06-2011, 11:06 AM
I/H/E on an otherwise stock system is fine without a tune
you can tune it to maximize performance but you will still run well and see gains without a tune
just make sure you let the car idle for 10mins after each modification

usually you would do at tune after cams/valvetrain/headwork