PDA

View Full Version : Need help quick on buying a deck

jonolee
05-02-2005, 05:35 PM
ok basicly i live in Adel
the deck i want is the cda-9883
and they will basicly install it for an additional $80 bucks if i have the after market kit, i also get one year warranty they are selling it for about $770

and now theres e bay
ebay is selling this deck CDA- 9833, for AU $495.00 + AU $40.00 for postage

now ok.....if this was based on price then it would be easily be Ebay now heres the thing i've read the FAQ on this and its also a power seller who has quite a lot of sells and looks reliable. It states that they give you one year warranty. My friend told me something that they can't really be done....so i'm not sure to trust ebay and basicly save 300 bucks or even 100 bucks if i buy the 9835. I've bargined with the guy and 770 is the lowest they can go.

If anyone knows anything about the warranty on this or have bought from this guy it would help.

Summary
CDA - 9833 Ebay - AU $479.00 + 40
CDA- 9835 Ebay - AU$629 + $40
CDA- 9333 Complete Audio Special - $770

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50144&item=5748068075&rd=1

is for the 9835

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50144&item=5748068075&rd=1

is for the 9833

Need ya advice

BlakTegra
06-02-2005, 09:46 AM
Link are exactly the same...LOL

one_nil
06-02-2005, 01:41 PM
I personally wouldnt be worried about him being a dodgy ebay seller..

Hes over 600 sales, and 99.8% positive...
But this is just me.. (id go ebay)

FlavzzTEGRA
06-02-2005, 11:42 PM
Hey Bro,

I live in adelaide and have first hand experience buying from this exact buyer!! I bought a pioneer 8650 from them before xmas and it was sent perfectly within a week and works aok!!

So, firstly you probably dont have to worry about getting the deck in good cond, as mine came in sweet from this seller Audio Paradiso but the warranty could be a hassle.

I saw its 629 plus 40 for postage which means you are only saving 100 bucks as u said, so you may be better off getting it from here which will save many hassles down the track if something does go wrong. And In my case I was saving more like $500 rather than $100 and I decided to take the risk and it paid off. But......

One thing I can say tho is ask tonkins or somewhere that sells Alpine whether if you have the reciept for the unit, can you send it directly to alpine in Australia(in case of failure) and whether your warranty will be valid. Because i know pioneer are like this and if my deck shits itself i can jsut take it back to a pioneer stockist with the reciept that audio paradiso sent me and they will fix it. Alpine may be like this and then basically you can buy with confidence. Just make sure if u but it ensure u are getting a reciept.

So finally in my experience, it worked out perfectly and i saved half a grand, and you can at least get your unit here and installed for less than the purchase price of$770 here..... Totally up to you, but check out alpines warranty details with tonkins and then make your decision. The boys there are awesome and know their shit and will look after u, At least now u know someone in Adelaide has bought a deck succesfully of ebay from this place. They also give you a tracking number so you can see where the package is at all times which is comforting

Good Luck man

Flavzz, pm me if u didnt understand any of that or if u want more info.

FlavzzTEGRA
06-02-2005, 11:50 PM
one correction bro,

i just noted your saving $300 by gettin the 9835 rather than the 9833, CHeck out the warranty shit here and then if its ok, it could be a pretty sweet buy. If you cant get the warranty here through alpine, its up to you.

This seems to be a genuine seller from my experience,

all the best

bungsai
07-02-2005, 01:15 AM
Hey guys, my friend has an ebay shop, if u want we can get in the 9833 i think for like 550, and its already in aus. I know i shouldnt be advertising, but if u want a saving here bro and dont need to worry about security then pm me....mods pls delete if necessary

SIKCVC
07-02-2005, 01:38 AM
wow, thanks for that guys EBAY store... I was gonna need some new ICE gear for a second project car.

ACTI0NMAN-1
07-02-2005, 06:57 AM
DO I HAVE TO PAY ANY OTHER CHARGES?

You might have to pay Custom/GST

"Customs duty and/or GST liability of the goods does exceed $50."

So GST is normally charged when goods is over $500

Please consider this as extra cost to your purchase.

bungsai
07-02-2005, 11:28 AM
With my friends ebay store, he already has many goods in stock at the moment in Melbourne, thus you dont need to worry about international freight or gst add ons.

Pm me for details, and what you want. He is usually cheaper than those ebay stores btw.

Fhrx
07-02-2005, 07:53 PM
Guys, there are many risks involved in buying goods from eBay. I could tell you hundreds of horror stories heard from my customers that have attempted to get a few dollars off by purchasing overseas.

You might also find it wise to keep the Australian car audio market alive as you might need it one day. ;)

jonolee
08-02-2005, 06:26 PM
its not a few dollars.....its a few hundred dollars, and to some of us, that is a lot
i wasn't thinking of buying overseas only in australia for warranty purposes, if i cant' get it then i'll buy here, but there are some really nice deals on ebay and the weblink above looks legit
just needed other people's views