PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on Integra B18C2 and a bit of help + info

zimbo FOX
16-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Hey guys new to the forum, just couple of questions

So considering gettin rid of my ralliart magna, due to wanting to get rid of debt and also am moving out so need extra $

One option is an integra B18C2, got a friend who is selling one, he put in the engine which has 130xxx kms and body had bout 200xxx

I know the specs and all that kinda stuff but thats all on paper, i want to know the real world stats, wat kinda fuel economy am i looking at, highway and city? Anything i need to be careful of? Do they have any know problems? Wat kind of light mods and power are you looking at? Performance? Lastly is there anyway you can fit an aftermarket cruise control? I dive 500km a week on the highway so would be nice.

Any help would be appreciated
Fox

lsvtec
16-06-2011, 09:43 PM
how much is ure friend selling the car?

zimbo FOX
16-06-2011, 09:46 PM
$5500 but i could get it cheaper, its a 1994

lsvtec
16-06-2011, 09:51 PM
my brother previously sold his dc2 vti-r, its not bad on petrol but not the best, nice car to drive, very comfortable

DC2-PWR
16-06-2011, 11:40 PM
Hey guys new to the forum, just couple of questions

So considering gettin rid of my ralliart magna, due to wanting to get rid of debt and also am moving out so need extra $

One option is an integra B18C2, got a friend who is selling one, he put in the engine which has 130xxx kms and body had bout 200xxx

I know the specs and all that kinda stuff but thats all on paper, i want to know the real world stats, wat kinda fuel economy am i looking at, highway and city? Anything i need to be careful of? Do they have any know problems? Wat kind of light mods and power are you looking at? Performance? Lastly is there anyway you can fit an aftermarket cruise control? I dive 500km a week on the highway so would be nice.

Any help would be appreciated
Fox

Every car you buy it will have its own problem, unless the car was treated right first time round. And the chance for 2nd hand cars for that is near 0%. Unless you know how the buyer well enough.

My car with i/h/e dc2r gearbox, serviced 5000km, cleaned injectors, bp ultimate fuel, gets me 10-11ltr/100km. Thats roughly 500km a tank. I get around 460 470 now. Sorry I don't know much about the highway but I'll definatly get more than 500km a tank.

Power is alright but only with quality mods. Like they say you can only choose two out of these
CHEAP
RELIABLE
PREFORMANCE

Integras from 1997+ have cruise control and passenger airbag. However I do have a freind that fitted a cruise control in his 94 DC2, and he had no issues. Sorry I dont know the brand but he bought it from autobarn.

good luck

Cartoon
17-06-2011, 04:49 PM
for large amount of driving i personally would not go for a dc2. While they are nice to drive and all, I dont see them suited to large amounts of driving.

all in all it depends on what exactly you want to use the car for that will decide on what car you get.