PDA

View Full Version : What suspension is this??? HELP...

iijjee
17-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Need help to tell what I have on my car so I know what I can change to and the parts I might need. I think the springs are lovells and the shocks are almost def DC2R. Is the rest of my set up stock EG? As in LCA's and wishbones etc???

thanks!

Will try uploading pics now! think two are of the fronts and the dim piuc is of the bottom of one of the rears!

chargeR
17-06-2011, 12:34 PM
The rears are fork style mount at the bottom so they can't be DC2R shocks.

bennjamin
17-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Shocks are
Def standard Eg shocks.

Glocker
17-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Springs look like Teins.

jdm_b16a
18-06-2011, 10:33 AM
Springs look like Teins.

TEINs are a much deeper green than that. If they were LOVELLS they would have "LOVELLS" imprinted at the top of the spring coil.

Peter

fat_85_civic
18-06-2011, 10:00 PM
My guess is dobinsons springs. Look the exact same colour as my old springs

http://www.dobinsonsprings.com/site/index.html

Luke

trism
18-06-2011, 10:09 PM
the only thing thats not factory EG civic is the springs.

iijjee
18-06-2011, 10:34 PM
OK, to sum up thus far...

Springs - Maybe Lovells, Not Teins (they're blue not tein green),maybe Dobinson? (what colour are they?)

Shocks - Stock EG for certain? How can u tell? (is it forks on bottom of rears?)

Looking at some coilovers and wondering what I would have to change to support - if anything? eg. LCAs, wishbones etc???

Lastly - What is a stock EG5 sussy setup - for a suspension imbecile!

Thanks for al the info so far !!!

Sydsyd
28-06-2011, 11:16 AM
my old civic used these setups and ate corners as far as i dared to push it (i'm a bit of a chicken when pushing :p)

itr chassis brace
rear strut bar
tein flex coilovers (have to use dc2r rear lca)
cusco front lower arm bar
dc2r rear sway bar with asr brace
stock eg front sway bar
bridgestone adrenalin re001 tyres

u could go that way, it's more than enough for daily street driving & occassional track days

iijjee
29-06-2011, 06:00 PM
OK need some more (urgent!) help please!

Just in the middle of a 600km swap! Both of us have our springs/shocks out and have found that his are the eyelet type with DC2R LCA and I have stock fork type rears and EG LCA's.

Also, my EG5 has stock 14mm rear swaybar and his (Si EG) seems to be different. We still want to swap (he's picking my susp up tonight from a courier) and I'm trying to think of a good solution for both of us!

I think, with stock EG LCA's he will be sweet, although swaybar is the big Q!

I think, with his DC2R LCA's, I will be fine, although same big Q on swaybar!

HELP!!

He's off to do the swap with my (courier) mate and we need to know how to make this work! My car will be apart for the better part of two weeks and he may be reluctant to pass on his susp and LCAa's without a short term solution!

Again, help!!!

Ta!

Sydsyd
29-06-2011, 08:40 PM
all EG rear swaybars are the same 14mm, this actually also includes the rear swaybar for DC2 (not the DC2R)...

iijjee
29-06-2011, 10:28 PM
Thanks!

iijjee
02-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Help... of a different kind!

Have made a trade with a Honda driver from Brissie. We have spoken many times and have sent pics of each others' susp setups. We agreed to a swap with my wheels and stock shocks and lowered springs, for his Ksport coilovers - both EGs.

Took my susp off with a friend and took pics, then sent them to him. Next day my friend kindly drove them to brissie - 550+km!
Just before he was to meet up and effect the swap, the guy calls and says his car has non-fork rears and EG6 or DC2R LCAs. Both cars have stock 14mm sway.

I let him know I would courier my LCAs to him the next day or bring them up next week myself. He went cold on the deal saying he didn't realise he had DC2R susp setup and wanted to retain it! I have tried to reason calmly and asked that he kindly honour our deal. With my ca parked with no susp or wheels for at least another 2 weeks this is more than inconvenient!

Any ideas of how to proceed. (And for all those who have solutions involving threats or force, forget it! - Don't believe in it..) I will be up there next week and have his name and ph no. and licence plate but no address!

His only reason for saying, sorry 'bout all your effort and car off the road etc is "Can't be ....ed!".

Ready to listen to some serious wisdom!

PS He's not an OzHonda member apparently!

dougie_504
02-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Offer him another $150 for the JDM LCA's, they're worth more than the AUDM ones.

Otherwise there's nothing else you can do, seriously. Just buy some suspension to suit your chassis with actual cash.

mugen_ctr
02-07-2011, 11:54 PM
there isnt much u can do now, unless there is some form of written sale or contract, its his word against yours if im not mistaken. If ur going upstate, definate give him a visit, an tryn sort it out, u cannot use DC2r lca on eg shocks/springs, it wont fit as its fork type.