PDA

View Full Version : Installed my Extractors EG4

XEV790
18-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Hello ordered online and arrived the other day :D Installed noticed little increase in response to the throttle
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x401/kyussthekid/IMG_0034.jpg
# 100% Brand New, Never Been Used or Installed
# Made of High Quality T304 Stainless Steel Material
# TIG Welded CNC Machine Flange
# 4-2-1 Design, Two Sensor Hole bung
# 1.75" Inlet, 2" Outlet
# Increase High Flow Air, Gain 10~15 Hp. / Tq.
# Direct bolt-on installation, require NO modification
cost $140 plus postage
the rest is still stock finish at later date
and bike filters to the twin carbs later also
If you like my work please feel free to give a PQ point thanks
p.s I've noticed when my car is rolling at around 70km's when I accelerate a little a cloud of smoke will come out but never when i floor it from 0km's maybe a piston ring?
Cheers

TheSaint
18-06-2011, 03:20 PM
u should notice a small boost to midrange torque as well - also keep an eye on the flange gaskets for leaks too - these kits come with pretty average gaskets

good bit of kit for the price on the D15 - i have them on my D15b7 and im happy =)

im not giving u a rep point for putting headers on your car tho lol - thats just silly

dougie_504
18-06-2011, 03:50 PM
N*Power? Yet another happy customer, huh?

I heard they stopped making these for the D-series which is a pity...

XEV790
18-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Yes very happy with them ^
Also glad to be apart of the ozhonda family
I will post my progress from time to time

TheSaint
18-06-2011, 06:27 PM
N*Power? Yet another happy customer, huh?

I heard they stopped making these for the D-series which is a pity...

pretty sure they are just being sold under a different name because the kit is still on ebay - but different name lol

dougie_504
18-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Sweet. Not that I'll ever use them because I picked up a sweet set of ceramic coated ones made by Holley but it's nice to know there are good quality/cheap options available for us D-series morons :D

@OP: Is this going to become a build thread? :)

Fredoops
18-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Npower, xforce, obx, Japspeed.... All from the same factory in china I believe, some sort of contract manufacturing firm.

TheSaint
18-06-2011, 07:38 PM
pretty sure the xforce product for D's is different to npower's

mugen_ctr
18-06-2011, 11:14 PM
only thing i dont like is the fact that the o2 sensor is only picking up one cylinder, an not 4 as oem, but other wise, worth every cent, cause i have em :D

TbM
18-06-2011, 11:36 PM
only thing i dont like is the fact that the o2 sensor is only picking up one cylinder, an not 4 as oem, but other wise, worth every cent, cause i have em :D

D series ebay headers usually come with two O2 sensor locations, one which your using that only reads 1 cylinder or the one im using which reads all 4 cylinders.

Use the other sensor location at the collector(where it meets the cat) so you get a reading from all 4 cylinders, you have to extend the o2 sensor cable by splicing and soldering an extra length of wire or by purchasing an extender. That way your gettin the proper reading from all 4.

mugen_ctr
18-06-2011, 11:42 PM
D series ebay headers usually come with two O2 sensor locations, one which your using that only reads 1 cylinder or the one im using which reads all 4 cylinders.

Use the other sensor location at the collector(where it meets the cat) so you get a reading from all 4 cylinders, you have to extend the o2 sensor cable by splicing and soldering an extra length of wire or by purchasing an extender. That way your gettin the proper reading from all 4.

yeah noticed it when i was installing my ones, not good with a solder so didnt bother extending it lol

TheSaint
19-06-2011, 12:01 AM
iv been meaning to do that on mine for ages as well lol

what kind of wire is it? - im guessing speaker wire wont work? =p

TbM
19-06-2011, 12:21 AM
yeah noticed it when i was installing my ones, not good with a solder so didnt bother extending it lol
Im quite sure you can buy an O2 sensor extension online, Google something like Honda O2 sensor extender(try extension if extender doesnt work). Saves you from soldering but i prefer to DIY.

iv been meaning to do that on mine for ages as well lol

what kind of wire is it? - im guessing speaker wire wont work? =p

Ill have to double check when i finish work but IIRC its 18-24 awg(roughly 24 x 0.2mm) you want to use. If you go to small or big you can get a flase reading so you basically want to use the same gauge wire thats alerady there. Ill check which one i used when i get home then ill post up the gauge and strand count as we dont seem to use gauge much here in aus, I asked the lad at the local jaycar if he had some 24 gauge cable and he just looked at me funny...

TheSaint
19-06-2011, 01:06 AM
lawl - i buy guage scale cable on ebay usually

i may have the right stuff laying about the house - if not im sure one of my car-stereo nut friends has something i can use

TbM
19-06-2011, 06:53 AM
Ok im back sorry for the delay i had to stay late and fill out some reports.

I used 24 X 0.2 mm(18 Awg?), it looked to be a tiny bit larger than the stock cable but it works fine and it was the closet i could get so if you have something closer to 20 Awg you might be better using that.

I just cut my O2 cable in half checked the wire inside the cable was roughly the same size as the wire in the new cable and spliced/soldered the joins. Remember to use heat shrink as the heat in your engine bay will peel off any exposed electrical tape. If you dont have heatshrink you can do the dodgy like i did and use elecrtical tape but cover it by cutting the black sheilding covering the stock O2 wire in 2 pieces and slide it over the electrical taped joins so the tape doesnt peel off with the heat. ill post a pic so you know what i mean, im bad at describing things expecially when i been up all night lol.
http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd458/TbMindustrys/IMAG0713.jpg

TheSaint
19-06-2011, 01:08 PM
thats fantastic - im so going to have to do that!