PDA

View Full Version : Unable to open driver side door

WiL_WicKed
19-06-2011, 12:04 AM
Got a few issues with my EG & hoping to get some ideas on how to fix it.

Issue 1: Locking latch on inside of driver side door is broken, therefore unable to lock or unlock from inside (not a big issue, I've been using the key to lock & unlock from outside)

Issue 2: Driver side door now locked & cannot unlock from outside & from issue 1 unable to unlock from inside (But passenger side is still working ok)

Issue 3: How do I take off the door trim to get access to locking mechanism if door cannot be opened?

I've searched thru the forum & found that the broken inside lock is common, but my main concern is finding a way to undo trim with the door closed so I can just get it fixed.

tOniies
19-06-2011, 01:03 PM
there's a few screws on the door trim that you will need to take off. when the bolts are out, dont hesitate to yank the door trim out cause its just clips holding it.

WiL_WicKed
19-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Update.... Got frustrated with the fact of climbing in & out of the passenger side especially when needing to fill up. So I just unscrewed the screw behind the door hinge, slid the car seat back & yanked the trim. Luckily no breakages & enough of a gap to fit my hand in to pull at the locking rod to unlock the door.
Works out that the locking mechanism no longer works.

jeremydawg
19-06-2011, 07:48 PM
buy a new one

ep3rsteve
23-06-2011, 01:14 PM
buy a new one

genius!!!!!