PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer wiring diagram. Help with AVH 3250 bt install.

christofski_dc5
19-06-2011, 08:59 AM
HAd some time yesterday to install a pioneer double din AVH i had sitting around yesterday. But since the last owner of my car, completely butchered the stock wiring loom ( my expression was quite sad as i pulled out the old HU), i dont know which wires from the pionner deck connect to what.

so far i got:
yellow-constant power
red-ignition power
black-ground
Blue- REM (to amp)
I have connected the speakers up, but gotta fix up the polarities cause there not connected right.

So does anyone know from the pioneer loom, which colour is for the parking break?

Ive looked for hours across the net and cannot find any diagrams or wiring lists. So frustrating!

1996_EK_Civic
19-06-2011, 09:08 AM
just earth/ground the parking brake :)

christofski_dc5
19-06-2011, 09:12 PM
doesnt work on these new avh units.
lol and would also like to know which is the parking break wire? ahah wat colour?

1996_EK_Civic
19-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Ok? on the wiring the loom the park brake wire is light green, and your supposed to wire it to the hand brake so it earths when the hand brake is up it completes the circuit allowing the deck to play visuals, with all the decks i've installed at work when i connect it to the ground wire they work fine and will play movies/visuals/etc

JDM80Y
14-07-2011, 01:53 PM
The light green wire goes to the handbrake ground. I have been told that you might be able to bypass the system using a standard 12 volt relay. A relay is required because the deck needs to see ground through the light green wire after the deck has been switched on (for newer Pioneer models). Have a look on youtube for a DIY for the AVH 3200 bypass... it's pretty simple and a relay should cost lest than 8 bux at most automotive stores... If you use the the standard relay, pin 87 of the relay goes to the handbrake cable from your deck and ground goes to pin 85 & 30 and then remote amp switch from your deck needs to be connected to pin 86. NOTE: don't quote me on the above and check this with an auto electrician before trying this...

siubun
19-07-2011, 11:25 AM
I have installed this same head unit (AVH 3250BT) into my wife's X-Trail last week and just grounded the parking break wire (light green) directly to the chassis and it seems to work ok without the need for any relay. It will then let you watch DVDs, dial phone numbers, etc or any other functions which are initially greyed out and you can't access when this wire isn't connected to anything.