PDA

View Full Version : Clear Coat has peeling marks

cheapdouchebag
19-06-2011, 10:49 PM
Ive just purchased a used accord euro oem spoiler for dirt cheap. Theres no chips or whatnot, even the foam that is attaches itself to the boot is still very good in condition.
The only drawback is that this spoiler has a few clear coat peels and bubbles.
Ive had a good look at the paint under a bright light, its all a-ok.

i was just wondering how would i go about to fixing this clear coat, can i just apply another layer, or strip the clear coat off so i can get crackin on a new coat. Im under the impression that i should use 1500 gritt paper and wetsand the spoiler then whack on the clear coat. Followed then by good cut, polish and wax. however i am deterred to do this as i am worried i might damange the already available colour coats.

What should i do? how much would a beater charge me just to repair the clear coats? I have a few spray cans full of clear coat from paintmobile.
Wouldnt make sense to see a euro around with a peeling spoiler right?
Help is appreciated
Thanks.

Edit: if its not a very tedious task, i have random orbital buffer available at my discretion.

Bulbasaur
20-06-2011, 09:19 PM
spray your clear onto a piece of paper to make sure there isnt crap in it. sand off crap until crap is gone in the area, 2000grit the rest of the spoiler to rough it up, its going to look hazy after the sand just clean it up then clear coat the whole spoiler. let the spoiler dry for a few days before you touch it with anything. you can install it after it has dried for a day