PDA

View Full Version : EM1 Front and Rear Lips, Stock EM1, Civic Type R or Mugen?

sneakygreek
20-06-2011, 01:48 PM
My EM1 is going to be finished up soon from having its Full respray!!!! The Car had a aftermarket front Bar on it so it was much lower then the stock bar. I have got a Stock bar since then and it has been fitted, it now looks unbalanced with the Stock Bar without a Lip, Sideskirts and no rear Lip.

Could you help me out by posting some pictures, comparisons of Stock EM1 Front and rear Lips, Civic Type R ones, and mugen!!!

Im leaning towards the Civic Type R look, but wouldnt mind seeing what they all look like so i can compare!!

Also i am a student, unemployed so i wouldnt be looking for Genuine Honda and Mugen Parts!!! Ive heard the Replicas fit and look pretty much the same if they are professionally installed

Looking forward to seeing some responses

Riced_Civic
20-06-2011, 07:13 PM
GOOGLE!, you should try using it some time.

Mikecivic78
21-06-2011, 07:46 PM
First of all, EM1 lip is an EK9 type R lip, they are identical, same with the front grille.

Go a second-hand EM1/EK9 lip mate. Cost effective.

Also, u mentioned you don't have side-skirts, WTF??

sneakygreek
21-06-2011, 08:35 PM
It does have sideskirts, wasnt meant to flow on like that!!!

A genuine EK9 Front lip is 295 unpainted, probs worth paying that little bit extra for brand new and genuine compared to a 2nd hand, replica, etc??

Mikecivic78
21-06-2011, 08:41 PM
nothing wrong with a genuine second hand, as long as condition is good, You could get lucky and find ur colour. Aftermarket can have fitment/quality issues.

I guess 295 ain't too bad for a genuine new one.

Foxx
22-06-2011, 09:22 AM
I know you are a student...

In all honesty - replica lip, bumper etc wont fit properly whether its fittered professionally or not.