PDA

View Full Version : rear toe adjustment on dc2

Lukey
20-06-2011, 05:51 PM
sup guys, how do i go about adjusting the toe on the rear end of my dc2.

the toe on my lhs is out of specs but quite a bit but my rhs is within specs.

thanks

bennjamin
20-06-2011, 06:22 PM
take it to an alignment place. Pay them about $60-80 and they will set it to what you want.

dont do it yourself - even IF you set it exactly the same either side (IE measured at the compensator arms) this will often still be out a few degrees , due to damage/worn bushes etc.

Lukey
20-06-2011, 06:45 PM
we did my front toe at work but the dude doing it didnt know how to adjust it on the back

bennjamin
20-06-2011, 06:51 PM
its a 14mm bolt , holding a compensator arm which connects to the end of the trailing arm. You loosen the 14mm with a spanner , JUST a touch - then shimmy the arm back or fourth with a big flathead screwdriver or bar to get the right setting. There is a small tapped guide around the locking bolt too

Lukey
20-06-2011, 06:53 PM
when u say end of the rta, do you mean at the front or rear of the vehicle?

bennjamin
20-06-2011, 07:00 PM
follow the trailing arm , past the trailing arm bush - to the end of it. You need to face partially under the car. There will be a small arm about 15cm long. This is the compensator arm. It has 2 bushes pressed into it. At the end of this there is a 14mm bolt - do as above

Lukey
20-06-2011, 07:07 PM
ok thanks ben

Red_EG4
20-06-2011, 10:45 PM
is the DC trailing arm different to the EG?
is this the bolt for the arm that you shimmy?
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u27/Postie_Boy/toeadjust.jpg

string
20-06-2011, 10:51 PM
No it's the bolt on the other end of the compensator arm. When you get underneath you'll figure it out, it's plain as day. ED/DA/DC/EG/EK all the same [functionally].

Red_EG4
20-06-2011, 11:06 PM
How much adjustment can you get doing this?
does it negate an adjustable arm?

string
20-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Unless something is horribly bent, the OEM hardware has plenty of range. OEM specs call for 2-4mm toe-in and the adjustment allows for more if you wanted. I set mine for zero toe and there is still a few mm of potential toe-out remaining. Adjustable arms will allow you to play with the rear toe curve; probably not something you want to be doing unless you've measured the rear bump-steer and know exactly what you're doing, however.

dinorider
21-06-2011, 03:16 PM
I once went to get my car's wheel alignment done. I told the shop's boss to please do the rear wheels as well. The boss said the rear wheels cannot be adjusted and so no, he can't.

I facepalmed.

I got the mechanic working on the car, who owns a EG Civic, to tell the boss that yes it can be done.

Mechanic told the shop owner, "Yes of course it can be done, you loosen the suspension compensator arm and move it with a stick!" Then mechanic turns to me and says, "don't worry I know what to do."

LOL. Knowledgeable mechanics who own B16 engine swapped EG Civics FTW.