PDA

View Full Version : [Help] Cant turn the key!

BlakTegra
06-02-2005, 09:42 AM
I have this problem when after i insert the key, I would not be able to turn the key to start the engine - seems locked. I cant even turn the key to 'accessory' or nothing. I have to fiddle around with the key for a while then it would finally turn!

Anyone experience the same problem before?
Does anyone know if i'm in for big $$$ to fix?

ATSE
06-02-2005, 09:54 AM
your steering wheel is locked. put your key in and wiggle the steering wheel to he other side while at the same time turning your key, that should do it. if your wheel is stationary then i don't know that the problem is.

[stealth]
06-02-2005, 09:59 AM
sounds like you have an old key.. mine use to do this also..

if its old.. get a new one.. should be fine after that..

BlakTegra
06-02-2005, 10:13 AM
your steering wheel is locked. put your key in and wiggle the steering wheel to he other side while at the same time turning your key, that should do it. if your wheel is stationary then i don't know that the problem is.

No the steering wheel isn't locked at all.

BlakTegra
06-02-2005, 10:14 AM
']sounds like you have an old key.. mine use to do this also..

if its old.. get a new one.. should be fine after that..

Old key? hmm....maybe.
This just happened like yesterday...never before that.

Any other ideas ppl?

[stealth]
06-02-2005, 10:54 AM
try using another spare key u got.. that u know hasnt been used or is pretty new.. then u will know...

coz my key looked fine.. but I was the ONLY one who could turn the key to get the car started... even when @ service etc.. :p

Eclipsor
06-02-2005, 11:08 AM
I'm going with an old key aswell. Mine was a bitch to turn on. Got a new key. It's not perfect still but it works much much much better. It took a while for the new one to be good aswell. I guess it had to wear a little bit.

kenshin
06-02-2005, 11:14 AM
my 'cut' Type R badged key is kinda the same... wont open any doors thou...
gonna use the original n recut a new one
>.<

BlakTegra
07-02-2005, 03:13 PM
Ok boyz, im gonna look for the spare keyz and give that a shot.

Does any know where i put my spare key???
:p

[stealth]
07-02-2005, 03:57 PM
lol.. silly question

:p

aimre
07-02-2005, 06:00 PM
its always the last place u look

majic777
10-02-2005, 11:50 AM
my car did the exact same thing... fixed it by putting graphite powder on the key, then inserting it in and out a fair few times, and wriggling it till it would turn on, then turn it on and off and on and off heaps of times and now its perfect.

a tiny bit of oil on the key would probably do the same thing

hope that helps!