PDA

View Full Version : Integra VTiR fuel problems?

slz33
06-02-2005, 01:44 PM
Hi,

I am looking at a 95 vtir that is fully modded aestetically with yellow saas seats etc. Engine mods chipped ecu, cai, exhaust, detailed engine bay.
Odometer says 140,000km but i know its 200,000km.

Now he rings me up and tells me that the fuel pump, fuel line, fuel filter is stuffed. And he said maybe the intake manifold and injectors needs to be replaced too.

When i looked at the car, the key turned to power but did not kick. He said that it would be the immoboliser as he just drove it, i placed a deposit on it. He rings me the next day saying it was the fuel pump. He agreed to fix it and said its costing him $250.

Could there be that much problems to the car? Or you guys think that someone has offered him a higher price?

I asked to bring my mech to look, he said nah bro. Me and my mech grew up together, he wont play me around.

Its a little suss of him i think. What do you guys think? Sorry for the long post.

cheers

tinkerbell
06-02-2005, 02:09 PM
suspicious

aznsiko
06-02-2005, 02:21 PM
hmmmm.. not too right.. because normally.. you know.. your selling the car you agree to do what ever it takes to sell the car you know..

Limbo
06-02-2005, 09:06 PM
If he's not letting you look at the car i would rather not buy it. There could be something seriously wrong with the car. If it had an immoboliser he should be able to turn it off. IF he can't start it there must be something serious, especially with all those thing stuffed up. If your mec doesn't see it i wouldn't buy it.

b18a
06-02-2005, 09:27 PM
have u ever test drive the car?? if the car can't even be started, how did he just drove it?? did u see the temp guage shows hot?? or have u looked at the engine bay, was the engine hot?? if its cold, he was lying..........
by the way, just like aznsiko said, imagine that the seller was u, are u willing to let the buyer bringing their mech to look at the car if ur car has nothing to hide??

if he doesnt like ur mech, then ask him to somewhere that could check the car more "fair", like RACQ vehicle inspection... major things will come up once the report is generated.
if he refused, leave the car alone, u better lost ur $200 deposit rather than the huge spent on fixing the car and plenty of regret after bought it.
just my opinion...

Cheers

bennjamin
06-02-2005, 09:28 PM
It is the right of a seller , to sell as they see fit. But it is also the right of the buyer - to knwo exactly what is right/wrong with the car.

What amount did you put on the deposit ? It was foolish to put a deposit on the car before you actualyl knew what is wrong with it.

I suggest, if the deposit isnt too big - is to leave this alone. It sounds dodgy and not worth the effort.

man.exe
06-02-2005, 09:38 PM
How much was the car itself?

If you know oddometer's been wound back, then it's definitly not worth it.

Just call him up the next day and tell him "naw mate, I don't like yellow"

I think losing $200 will be better than losing more money to repair everything afterwards.

slz33
07-02-2005, 12:53 AM
Hey guys thanks for the input.
Price is $13k. I placed a $100 deposit on it which at first he insisted on returning. But after argueing that he was a dickhead and hung up on him, he called back saying that his mech was mistaken and it was a fuel pump and fuel filter issue which he will fix.
He said that the car is now running and is happy to bring it to a workshop of my choice.
The car will go thru a full mechanical inspection and will test compression and basically most things in the engine bay, susp, undercarriage, brakes etc.
What problems does integras usually have? I know that because vtec rev so much that its common for them to blow black smoke and i was told that there was something to be replaced to stop the smoke. Do you know what it is, or i've been told fibs?

Will update on the mechanical condition.

bennjamin
07-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Please before you go any further - do a REVS check.

Click HERE to go do a revs check !!! (http://www.revs.nsw.gov.au/default.htm)

Cost = FREE.

Simply enter the cars

1. Registration Number if vehicle is registered
2. VIN or chassis number
3. Engine number

And you can find out any money oweing, if the car is on finance etc etc.

slz33
07-02-2005, 02:49 PM
There are no encumbrances that match the quoted identifiers.
** STATE HAS NO RTA ACCESS **
RTA check is not available for the state entered

So that means it is clear of finance? Or should i still purchase that $12 cert?
What does it mean that i must buy the cert no on the day of purchasing the vehicle?

PrahVtec
08-02-2005, 11:15 AM
u dont have to buy the cert if u are certain that there is no finance owing .. but if for some reason there is finance... the cert is the only thing you can use as legal evidence..

bennjamin
08-02-2005, 11:21 AM
There are no encumbrances that match the quoted identifiers.
** STATE HAS NO RTA ACCESS **
RTA check is not available for the state entered

So that means it is clear of finance? Or should i still purchase that $12 cert?
What does it mean that i must buy the cert no on the day of purchasing the vehicle?

That check shows , that it is clear of finance - but any other debts etc that the original owner may have - could coem up in future ( such as a mortgage , credit cards etc) and possibly your car could still be repossessed for the issues of the previous owner.

What state are you in ? I think , a REVS check certificate , is only relevant to NSW. You can get a similar thing for your state Im sure....

In the meantime...i still wouldnt be bothering checking out this car.

Savant
08-02-2005, 11:42 AM
i'd leave it also. there are heaps of vtir's out there to buy, don't buy the one with all the problems.

slz33
08-02-2005, 12:10 PM
My mech checked the car out yesterday. Everything is still good, the mech drove the car and said that it is mechanically sound.
Problems the mech picked up while driving is the rear wheel bearing is making a bit of noise. And visually the whole brakes will soon need to be changed.
The car is too low for it to be hoisted up, but the suspension handling seems fine.

The only thing i dont like is the owner, he seems really sly and devious. Like most of them, what nash i won't name.

I'm still fuming over the fact that my mate got rid of his 99 type r for $16000.

wynode
08-02-2005, 03:28 PM
Sounds dodge.........you might have bigger problems after you buy it!

Boost
08-02-2005, 03:39 PM
I would not buy it. Seems too sus. right from the begining. Like others have said there are plenty of vtirs out there ... why buy something that u already know has problems with it and is giving u headachs from the start. ??? Skip this 1 and move to the next.

shifty_kent
09-02-2005, 11:31 AM
hrm don't touch it.... the problems this guy mentioned seem to be very similar to what i encountered not long ago. i had a block fuel filter, and when i took it to the mechanics, they found that the whole fuel system was dirty and blocked. i had to change the intake fuel pump, fuel filter, clean injectors, and get the external pump checked... needless to say it cost me more than the 250 this guy spent to fix the same problem. Be careful cos it might end up costing u more than the 13 grand