PDA

View Full Version : Good Gauges

spetz
24-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Hi,

Can someone tell me what are some good brands of gauges.
Preferably something not too expensive.

I know of defi, but from my understanding buying a gauge is not enough, and it needs some control center??

mugen_ctr
25-06-2011, 06:45 PM
budget man, theres heaps out there, doesnt matter if its Defi knock off or not, most perform just as well as Defi or high end brands. The main difference with higher end brand is that, they can accurately read much more precise than the lower budget, have features such as warning light, save certain parameters on the gauge it self and few others.

As good as defi is, are you willing to break the wallet for them? the standard autobarn gauges are fine, even the bit more expensive brands like turbosmart and autometer are fine.

Sexc86
26-06-2011, 12:52 AM
Saber !

aaronng
26-06-2011, 11:18 AM
I have saber gauges and the lighting used in them heat up the gauges until they are too hot to touch. One good reason for Defi as they don't heat up this badly.

Sexc86
26-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Wow really?

spetz
26-06-2011, 08:31 PM
I had a friend who got some Autobarn gauges which kept breaking. Can't remember the brand but they were available in smoked and mirror faceplate. They were quite cheap.

I just wanted some decent gauges which are reliable and look fine and are at the least show a fairly precise figure (+/-5%)