PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] Stock headlight bulb (Base / Non-Luxury) - Help needed

Hayden
25-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Hi all,

My passenger side low beam has just stopped working on my base model CL9. From what I've read the base models have a halogen globe. I've had quite a long look online, but all I can find is info on 'upgrading' the bulbs to HID or 'bluer' lights. I'm just looking to replace this bulb with one exactly the same. I'm hoping to pick the part up from supercheap / autobarn if possible.

Also, I'm not sure how to replace the bulb. It is housed in a plastic box. Again I can't find any info online on how to go about getting in and replacing it.

If you guys could offer me some help on how I would do this, it would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!

lukeskies
25-06-2011, 11:06 PM
Get the Phillips Crystal Vision, Bulb size is H1, To change it its simple, find the plasting housing cover, and twist it.
Find the clip inside the housing which holds the bulb, then unclip it - the light should come loose after that and carefully replace it
make sure you dont touch the new bulb with your bare hands. use a cloth or a glove to carefully put it back in the housing and do everything all over again :)

natnat
27-06-2011, 12:08 AM
if you want high visibility, go with phillips xtreme power. don't go with any blue tinted (phillips blue vision / crystal vision / etc...) halogen bulbs just for the sake of 'look'.

if you check out the current 2011 Nurburgring 24 hrs race, a lot of the cars even have 'yellow' tinted headlights to maximise the visibility, none have 'blue' tinted headlights.

tron07
27-06-2011, 09:22 AM
I use crystal vision but on highlights its still the normal bulb so I can see thru fog or whatshite