PDA

View Full Version : K20 into EU civic?

EG52NV
29-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Looking at things from a practicality point of view (5 doors) has anyone done a K20 swap into an EU civic?

I've always wanted the power of the K20 but not willing to go all out and spend the money to buy a 3 door EP3R and not interested in K20 swaps into a chassis older then 2001.

Therefore Ive pondered the possibility of a K20 swap into my Jazz but then thought to my self the other day, would K20 swap into a EU civic be easier? Has it been down before?

Your thoughts?

JohnO
29-06-2011, 08:47 PM
k24 into a jazz's been done before so why not k20? its not impossible.

Philip Lee
30-06-2011, 10:14 AM
it should be doable but if u are going to sell your Jazz and get a new car, might as well get EP3 unless u really need the extra doors.

EG52NV
30-06-2011, 10:24 PM
k24 into a jazz's been done before so why not k20? its not impossible.
but just because somethings been done before doesn't mean some random person like me has the funds and connections to do what may seem to may entry level modifiers the impossible. Space in the Jazz engine bay is so limited.

I just wonder if the EU would share the same engine mounting position as the EP3 making the swap a lot more straight forward eliminating the need to a whole heap of customer sh1t!

EG52NV
30-06-2011, 10:34 PM
it should be doable but if u are going to sell your Jazz and get a new car, might as well get EP3 unless u really need the extra doors.

Man if the EP3 came in 5 doors and less aggressive Recaros it would one of the most powerful/reliable N/A daily drivers on the market!

I know what you're gonna say, then why not buy a K24 Euro right? Because they're just a tad too big...

JohnO
30-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Lol man if the byp boys can learn from scratch how hard can it be! just time consuming thats all. Id rather see a k20 in a jazz more than eu though, it'd be something different and good. i think the eu has a small engine so possibly mounting might be different but im not too sure since everything is identical just the cosmetics is different. the recaros dont quite hold you, find the bolsters abit to low for my likings this is after getting thrown around the track and pushing my knee against everything. maybe if it was another 3cm's higher would be just perfect! for track+daily.

euro's aint that bad if you put abit of work into it would be a great car, because with the ep3 suspension is stiff as and going around sydney roads its terrible. its up to you though its gonna be your future who knows you might end up changing your mind and get something quicker and possibly boosted!