PDA

View Full Version : 05 Euro Accord made in Thailand?

LOC888
07-02-2005, 01:41 PM
Heard from a friend that the 05' Accord Euro is made in Thailand, does anyone know if this true?

bigdongers
07-02-2005, 02:03 PM
I doubt it cause if it were, the price would be much cheaper as we have a free trade agreement with Thailand now. Hence the big discounts on the big Accords.

yfin
07-02-2005, 02:07 PM
Heard from a friend that the 05' Accord Euro is made in Thailand, does anyone know if this true?

I am sure this is wrong - I think your friend is thinking of the widebody Accord - not the Euro.

Country of origin according to drive.com.au is also the same for 05 model - Japan.

stephen8512
07-02-2005, 02:13 PM
widebody accord?
is that the normal accord on sale atm? 3L v6 one>?

bigdongers
07-02-2005, 02:15 PM
widebody accord?

yes

yfin
07-02-2005, 02:16 PM
widebody accord?

Yes, it also has a 2.4 model available to confuse things. I like to call it the ugly sister. It is made in Thailand.

REV888
07-02-2005, 02:20 PM
Question I want to know is are there any european parts in a euro ??

Ie. Germany ? Uk Etc ? or is it purly Japan.

NeoNode
07-02-2005, 03:14 PM
If it had euro parts the price will rise.
I have a feeling some parts on it will say "Made in China" somewhere. LoL I think lost the plot.

yfin
07-02-2005, 03:19 PM
Question I want to know is are there any european parts in a euro ??

Ie. Germany ? Uk Etc ? or is it purly Japan.

It is not a european car but probably "something" is made in Europe - eg I hear most VSA/ABS computer systems are made by Bosch.

learner
08-02-2005, 06:29 PM
i heard tat as well...
and since honda has factory in CHINA... some of the civic are made in china already...
maybe euro as well....

yfin
08-02-2005, 06:50 PM
i heard tat as well...
and since honda has factory in CHINA... some of the civic are made in china already...
maybe euro as well....

Heard from who? Honda ? - or some mate who doesn't know the difference between the V6 Accord and the Euro?

Can someone with an 05 model Euro please look under their bonnet and confirm Japan - before people start to think the Euro is made in Korea on the same platform as the Kia Rio. Lets stick to facts people :D

qmjona
08-02-2005, 07:10 PM
I think I rember my deler telling me that the accord (ie. accord, not accord euro) was made in tailand, could be wrong, but Im pretty sure I remember hearing this.

NeoNode
08-02-2005, 07:45 PM
Heard from who? Honda ? - or some mate who doesn't know the difference between the V6 Accord and the Euro?

Can someone with an 05 model Euro please look under their bonnet and confirm Japan - before people start to think the Euro is made in Korea on the same platform as the Kia Rio. Lets stick to facts people :D

Even though it says Japan, that doesn't mean every component on the car itself is made in Japan.

razaman
08-02-2005, 07:52 PM
The big accord is made in Thailand and the euro is made in japan.

If I owned a euro I wuld hope none of the parts are made in europe.:p

Raz

yfin
08-02-2005, 07:56 PM
Even though it says Japan, that doesn't mean every component on the car itself is made in Japan.

What gave you the impression I don't know that? That applies with every car made anywhere in the world. You can probably find Japanese parts on a Russian Lada 4X4. The question is where is the car built - if it isn't Japan I will eat my shorts.

NeoNode
08-02-2005, 08:12 PM
What gave you the impression I don't know that?
Unless i'm a mind reader, I wouldn't have a clue if you know or not.

aaronng
08-02-2005, 08:52 PM
Shit... what a load of misinformation. Let me clear it up. First, I'll bring out my big book of JDM Accord (Hyper Rev).
Firstly, let's start with the Australian Accord Euro. It is designed by Honda Japan's design team. It is taken off the production line in Japan. Hence the chassis and panels, engine and transmission are made in Japan. Other parts that are outsourced to 3rd party manufacturers such as the radio and air conditioning may be from other countries.
The base model Accord Euro with the 16" alloys and velour seats that we get is known as the JDM Honda Accord Sedan 24T model fitted with the Type C radio (non-Navi). The 2003 and 2004 model Euro Luxury with 16" alloys is the 24TL model, while the 2005 Euro Luxury with 17" alloys is the 24S model. The Australian Euro has an exact duplicate model in the JDM lineup. In Europe, they also get the Accord Euro, but they use the same Japan model name of 24T/TL/S (they call the 24S the Executive Type S).

Now on to the Australian Honda Accord (2.4 and 3.0 V6). It is designed by Honda USA division, and manufacturing is done in Thailand. South East Asian countries such as Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia also get the Thailand-build Accord because of the reduced import duties afforded by the AFTA ruling (ASEAN Free Trade Agreement). I know for sure that this Accord is made in Thailand, because the Malaysian press release from Honda states that this car is made in Thailand and is competitively priced because of reduced tariffs.

yfin
08-02-2005, 09:12 PM
Nice job :thumbsup:

EuroAccord13
08-02-2005, 09:13 PM
How hard is it to look under the bonnet and find the country or Origin?

learner
08-02-2005, 09:29 PM
How hard is it to look under the bonnet and find the country or Origin?

i am not sure it can be trust or not....
is like alpine.... everyone think they still made in japan...
BUT actually many of them are made in CHINA few years already....

doesnt matter where is it from... as long as euro is a very nice/good car.
tats wat i care

yfin
08-02-2005, 09:36 PM
BUT actually they are made in CHINA few years already....

Gday learner - I know for a fact Honda is not in the business of deceiving customers about the origin of its cars. If it says Made in Japan - it is made in Japan. If Honda brought the Euro to Australia with a plate that says "Made in Japan" - and it was actually made in China, for example, people would legitimately be entitled to a refund. Multi-million dollar penalties would also apply under the Trade Pracitces Act. Honda isn't some shonky $2 suspension company in Taiwan - it is a billion dollar business. Have some faith in the :honda:

And the back of that Alpine deck says Made in China regardless of whether people "think they are still made in Japan".

Speeder
08-02-2005, 09:37 PM
BUT actually many of them are made in CHINA few years already....

doesnt matter where is it from... as long as euro is a very nice/good car.
tats wat i care

Your contridicting yourself. If an Item is labeled built in (insert origin), then it is manufactured (put together) in that country, so by looking under your bonnet, you can tell where the car was put together, same with your alpine question.

learner
08-02-2005, 09:50 PM
And the back of that Alpine deck says Made in China regardless of whether people "think they are still made in Japan".

because NOT ALL alpine are made in china.....
da japs model are made in japan.

Your contridicting yourself. If an Item is labeled built in (insert origin), then it is manufactured (put together) in that country, so by looking under your bonnet, you can tell where the car was put together, same with your alpine question.

but the thing is everywhere has a standard (law) ....
how many % of that thing has to be manufactured in tat
country can be labeled as tat country.... (hope u know wat i mean).

albii
08-02-2005, 10:05 PM
I doubt it cause if it were, the price would be much cheaper as we have a free trade agreement with Thailand now. Hence the big discounts on the big Accords.
i dont think it would equate to a $4000 saving in list price....the reason for the drop is the poor sales as opposed to the euro at the same money....i know which one i bought and i wouldn't have dreamt of buying the accord vti for the same money. pah yuk

aaronng
08-02-2005, 10:30 PM
If it says made in Japan, usually it is made in Japan. Consumer laws now require companies to state the country the item is manufactured in properly. That's why now we have "Assembled in China, laser assembly made in Japan" for some portable CD players. And that is also why for the Euro it says "Country of Origin: Japan" instead of "Made in Japan". Not all 100% of the car's components are made in Japan. Instead you have to think which parts are economical to be sourced from Japan and which parts are cheaper from overseas. For example, earlier Euros came with Michelin tyres, are those made in Japan?

PERTH_EURO
08-02-2005, 10:32 PM
Sorry guys but what a crap thread.

**** rant over *****

albii
08-02-2005, 10:45 PM
Sorry guys but what a crap thread.

**** rant over *****
couldn't agree more.for some reason or another we are trying to justify contradiction.....hhmmm i don't get it. the euro is made in japan ..nuff said..now please move on

learner
08-02-2005, 11:51 PM
If it says made in Japan, usually it is made in Japan. Consumer laws now require companies to state the country the item is manufactured in properly. That's why now we have "Assembled in China, laser assembly made in Japan" for some portable CD players. And that is also why for the Euro it says "Country of Origin: Japan" instead of "Made in Japan". Not all 100% of the car's components are made in Japan. Instead you have to think which parts are economical to be sourced from Japan and which parts are cheaper from overseas. For example, earlier Euros came with Michelin tyres, are those made in Japan?

wat if the euro really made in china or somewhere then ship it to japan... put on tat "Country of Origin: Japan" then ship to here?????
tat way still much cheaper then manufactured in japan...

anyway... doesnt matter... euro is made from japan (100%) :D .

aaronng
09-02-2005, 12:05 AM
wat if the euro really made in china or somewhere then ship it to japan... put on tat "Country of Origin: Japan" then ship to here?????
tat way still much cheaper then manufactured in japan...

anyway... doesnt matter... euro is made from japan (100%) :D .
No man, they can't do that based on consumer protection laws. The whole production line is documented from the raw material supplier to the method, cleaning, worker's name and hours of operation. This is all required for ISO 6001/6002/6003 certification. And Honda as well as most major manufacturing companies have that ISO certification. Only the small ones who don't respect consumer laws (and probably patents as well) will do the "ship from other country" method.

learner
09-02-2005, 12:20 AM
No man, they can't do that based on consumer protection laws. The whole production line is documented from the raw material supplier to the method, cleaning, worker's name and hours of operation. This is all required for ISO 6001/6002/6003 certification. And Honda as well as most major manufacturing companies have that ISO certification. Only the small ones who don't respect consumer laws (and probably patents as well) will do the "ship from other country" method.

wat if da car is 40% made in somewhere else the other 60% in japan?
the laser assembly will be "Country of Origin: 60%Japan 40%somewhere"??
(i am sorry aaronng :D :D :D )........
P.S. i love my honda.. i trust honda. euro is from japan

PERTH_EURO
09-02-2005, 12:48 AM

why would they do that??

Sorry just dont get ur points learner

A car is made up of 100's of thousands of individual components, no matter where they come from, if the individual parts are all put together in japan to "make" that car, the car is jap made.

put it another way... what % would satisy you that the car is made in Jap??

aaronng
09-02-2005, 02:11 AM
wat if da car is 40% made in somewhere else the other 60% in japan?
the laser assembly will be "Country of Origin: 60%Japan 40%somewhere"??
(i am sorry aaronng :D :D :D )........
P.S. i love my honda.. i trust honda. euro is from japan
Haha, you like to test me right?
First off, I can't find Australian legislation papers on the requirements on the vehicle's country of origin labeling. But from what I see, it could be the country of assembly, as cars such as the Corolla Sportivo are assembled in South Africa, but the parts such as the engine and transmission are from Japan (Country of Origin: South Africa).

One example that I found a lot of info on: USA and Canada, because they have cars that have parts sourced from either countries and their legislation is quite strict. By LAW, they are required to state the % of the car from USA and % from Canada. This is the IMPORTANT bit: If there are parts of the car from other than USA and Canada, and it amounts to more than 15% of the car, then they need to state the name of the top 2 countries other than USA and Canada (by %) and the % of the car that is from those countries.
In addition to that, they have to state where the chassis and engine were fabricated.

yfin
09-02-2005, 06:36 AM
First off, I can't find Australian legislation papers on the requirements on the vehicle's country of origin labeling.

Learner - here is a link to an ACCC faq. Plenty of requirements under the TPA.

When everyone is happy the Euro is Made in Japan (not just assembled there) we can close this thread.

http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/12222

http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/256101

LOC888
09-02-2005, 08:40 AM
Ok fellas, this was a silly thread, mods plz close it. But b4 we do, I just like to add that I checked with Honda Aust. and they confirms that our beloved Accord Euro is manuactured in Japan....

aaronng
09-02-2005, 09:58 AM
Yup! Close the thread!