PDA

View Full Version : EG rear drum to EK rear disc conversion

sebtoombs
02-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Hey guys, so I recently got a wrecked 96 vtir as an engine donor, and I was wondering if the rear trailing assembly will fit my EG sedan? I have searched on this topic, and I think I've gathered that it might be a possibility. so anyway, just wondering what people know for sure before I go and try.

trism
02-07-2011, 07:28 PM
yep..

jdm_b16a
03-07-2011, 08:12 AM
yep..

And now for the long answer ...

The rear trailing arm assembly with rear discs from 92-00 EG/EJ/EK Civics and 94-01 DC Integras have the exact same trailing arms. The ones with the discs are all the Integras, the 92-95 Civic Si EG hatch, the 93-97 Del Sol Si/Del Sol VTEC, and the 99-00 Civic Si coupe.

Most of them come with lower control arms (LCAs) with the provisions to add a rear swaybar. Some of the 92-95 Civics had LCAs that didn't have provisions to add a rear swaybar. These are usually the lesser spec models. For example, the VTi has the rear sway bar; the Breeze didn't. If you want a rear sway bar then grab LCAs with the eyelet.

You will also need the handbrake cables associated with those rear discs. You cannot use your existing rear drum handbrake cables. Since each of the rear disc Hondas have different wheelbases and chassis configurations, go with the handbrake cables for the 92-95 Civic with rear discs. 94-01 DC Integra handbrake cables will also work.

Peter

sebtoombs
03-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Ok cool, thanks to both of you. So basically it is quite possible. Only thing, will I run into any issues using the EK handbrake cable, as its from a hatch, and the EG is a sedan? I don't actually know if the wheelbase is different or not or anything like that.

EG8 CIVIC
04-07-2011, 08:18 AM
eg sedan brake disc cable should do the trick!

sebtoombs
01-09-2011, 09:21 AM
This thread is fairly old now, but just wanted to update in case anybody needed to know.

Swapped the entire rear trailing assy off the EK onto the EG no dramas whatsoever.

And in case anyone in the needs to know in the future, the handbrake cables on the EK fit PERFECTLY on the EG. Completely exactly perfectly bolt-in swap.

drum:
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m506/seb_1212/IMAG0080.jpg

disc:
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m506/seb_1212/IMAG0083.jpg

EDIT: forgot to mention, brake cable (the flexible line part) is also required, as the brake line to the drum WILL NOT fit the caliper.

trism
01-09-2011, 07:11 PM
top stuff :thumbsup::thumbsup: