PDA

View Full Version : will high flow cat gain alot power?

m2h
07-02-2005, 02:01 PM
I currently running a x-force 4-2-1, stock cat and bc2 cat back.. i want to know if i change the stock cat to high flow, will i get alot more power? or alittle tht i wwont notice at all? its for street use only, didnt plan to go on track yet. Coz the workshop that work on my car told me i dont really need to swap to high flow one, coz honda one were already pretty good??

BF
07-02-2005, 03:20 PM
From hearing people speak, a lot of people get confused between a high flow cat and a cat which simply has a larger inlet and outlet size (& parhaps larger inside as a result of having larger inlet and outlet size). Many people refer to the latter as a high flow cat when, in fact, it is not - from my experience, exhaust shops often also call the latter a high flow cat. I understand that high flow cats start from around $600-700 and go upwards from there - it increases flow substantially over a normal cat... considering most people talk about a 1-3kw gain atw with no cat at all... its a judgement call whether it is really worth it... considering a high flow cat is still going to be more restricted than stright piping...

Also im not sure if you would pass emissions with a high flow cat... though for the extra money you would expect too...

It will be interesting to see other peoples opinions...