PDA

View Full Version : help identifying this flange and advice on turbo sizes

ricerockets
03-07-2011, 11:23 PM
hey guys, i recently got my hands on a turbo manifold for the k24 so it seems i will be embarking on the turbo route

my first dilemma is that the flange that bolts up to the turbo measures 11.1cm x 6.9cm end to end each way

and my second dilemma is about turbo sizes, the k24 is going to be run on a stock motor im going to be running roughly 10psi, what turbo sizes would you guys be recommend?

would 200kw atw be a realistic figure using a stock k24 and 10 psi of boost?

cheers for any advice

IEVAQ8
04-07-2011, 09:16 AM
wat brand is the manifold, where is it made and by whom???
200kw is a no brainer with a stock k24...
our stock k20 with a gt3076r on 8psi is making 253kw @ the wheels
u need good quality parts, and a awsome tuner... ;)

if u need work done, or a tuner, pm me ;)

ricerockets
04-07-2011, 12:11 PM
its a custom built manifold by td autowerkes in the states

hows the gt3076r for drifting? It would be quite the responsive turbo if your using it all the time, since iirc peaky high power turbos arent great for drifiting haha

ill post a pic if i have free time when i get to uni

ricerockets
04-07-2011, 01:22 PM
ok so turns out i have some free time,

here are the pics as promised:

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae216/ricerockets_69/IMG_3806.jpg
http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae216/ricerockets_69/IMG_3811.jpg
http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae216/ricerockets_69/IMG_3813.jpg

Jccck
04-07-2011, 07:42 PM
its a custom built manifold by td autowerkes in the states

hows the gt3076r for drifting? It would be quite the responsive turbo if your using it all the time, since iirc peaky high power turbos arent great for drifiting haha

ill post a pic if i have free time when i get to uni

Drifting? In your Accord Euro?
Honestly the turbo manifold is the least of your concerns.. By the sounds of things you need to do alot of research before even thinking about boosting your car.
Reading build threads are the place to start, window shopping online is the next step.. And asking advice along the way if you need (Most people you'll get answers from are clueless, keep this in mind)

Here's my idea of a process;

How much power do you want*? (Need*) or (Can you handle*)
Can your engine handle it standard?
Can you afford Forgies if not?
How much free time do you have to complete this build?
If you don't have time, you need more money to have it built for you, do you still have enough?
What is the purpose of this car.. Does it need to stay daily driven or street legal?
And lastly, are you commited? It's a bitch of a process.

No negativity intended, just sayin'.. You've got alot more to be worried about that what flange your turbo manifold has.

quangsuke
05-07-2011, 12:35 AM
His not talking about drifting. He already said he wants to keep the block standard and that it will be a street car with some track weekends.
Best advice is to seek a tuner who will build the setup to suit your needs and budget. K-series have been known to handle the power ask the builders of k20 s13 or byp's EG. These guys have great experience and will give you great tips.

Look for a gt30 and try not to go any smaller as it will run out of puff at top end.
Keep us updated
Q

ricerockets
05-07-2011, 02:56 AM
haha beat me to it quangsuke, but im looking into a gt3071r with a 0.82 or maybe even a 0.63 A/R, but ill have to give it more research but cheers for the heads up on the gt30

as for the setup, im trying to learn as much as possible so im diying it, ive got a mate with an s2k who is also boosting it and we'll be doing it at the same time (no homo lol)

cheers for all the advice so far guys, and no worries jccck all in good heart

IEVAQ8
05-07-2011, 06:37 AM
Is that felix's manifold???
If so..its a t3 flange... & if i was u...
Id be looking at the gt3076R with 0.82 rear housing...

ricerockets
06-07-2011, 01:16 AM
Is that felix's manifold???
If so..its a t3 flange... & if i was u...
Id be looking at the gt3076R with 0.82 rear housing...

indeed it is, bought it off him few weeks back kinda on a impulse buy haha

yeah i may have to go with at least a gt3076, since the 3071 might be internally wastegated