PDA

View Full Version : DC2R key cut and program in Hong Kong ?

tseesinngwailo
04-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Hey All,

Does anyone know where to get a DC2R key cut and programmed in Hong Kong? I am here on hols and want to buy a spare, seeing as they almost cost the same as a whole car in Australia..

Cheers, Tseesinngwailo

slingsy
05-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Each key has to be programmed with the car in shop with the master and workshop key, when I bought two new spares I had to drop my car off for the day and give them my master black key and my red key.. so unless you want to ship your car to Hong Kong :P each car has its own code.. price is bs but that's what you pay for immobilizer keys I guess.

tseesinngwailo
05-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Really? I thought I just needed my current key (i have my spare red one with me too) and they can copy it, I rang a few places in Sydney, and no-one mentioned they needed the car with me to do it, I was just geting sick of the $200 plus quotes

EVLGTR
05-07-2011, 10:16 PM
rubbish!, you dont need to bring the whole car to a place where you get your keys cut. A master key has a fixed transponder/code which can be duplicated. All you need to do is find a locksmith in HK that does keys with transponder. I got mine and my friends DC5S key done a couple of years ago at Mister Minit for $70 each...$200+ pfft....

Spoon SiRG
05-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Hi Chris

Yes a DC2 spare key with immobilizer shouldn't cost more than $80.

All you need to bring is your other black oem key.

PM me when you get back, theres one near my place.

Enjoy your holiday man, get some mods there instead of thinking of spare keys lol!

:wave:

slingsy
06-07-2011, 03:49 PM
I'll add, I went to Honda.. should have put "correct if wrong" also but as I said they needed the car, and what I said previously is basically what they told me so who's right? They also left a transfer cable in my ecu. I paid $220 for two keys, I knew you can get it done elsewhere but i cbf'd was to much stuffing around.. but next time I definitely will get them done elsewhere.

infurNOS
10-07-2011, 03:07 PM
What happens if you lose your black OEM key and need to activate the red spare one? Because the red spare will unlock the car but won't start it

WATAJK
10-07-2011, 06:39 PM
I paid $40 for mine and my missus car (DC5R and Evo9)

Anyone wanting to know of this location in melbourne feel free to PM me.

Please keep in mind, some "Key-Cutters" will charge more then what you think as it depends on the "quality" of the key... Well that's what they say.. Rubbish IMO.
Shop around, i got quoted from $600 to $100, then on by chance, i found the guy i used for $40, programmed, tried it when i got back to the car! No dramas!