PDA

View Full Version : Long distance driving

Dazzel999
04-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Hello everyone
My question to you all is would you recommend new 2011 VTIS to drive from gold coast to brisbane and return each day for 4 years continously.

na-118
04-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Why not regular preventive maintenance and on time service scheduling will keep the car lasting longer.

ss-rotel
05-07-2011, 10:00 AM
hey, i used to drive my 2005 VTiS from brownsplains to capalaba/cleveland every day for 2 yrs, and before that, it drove from brownsplains to westend, (so close to what you're looking @ depending on WHERE in the GC you're talking), 5-6 days a week.

I had it services regularly @ Highway Honda, and @ 170,000 the engine was pulled down and rebuilt in lou of a turbo conversion. The block still had the factory hone marks, and the comment was they had never seen a clearer engine after so many KM.

The only thing i had to replace on this car has been the wheel bearings, (front), and the battery, (GD jazz's tend to drop a cell if you upgrade the stereo. the battery is very small, i'm not sure what that's like in a GE).

Long and short, i'd say yes, very suitable car. Stereo upgrade to make it a less monotonous drive maybe? what ARE the seats like in a GE? the GD's are nice...

GU357
06-07-2011, 11:19 PM
Yes highway kms are good for your car, better than city kms. a taxi can do like 500 000kms and they are just crappy fords so im sure its ok

62rocket
17-07-2011, 08:58 PM
I have a 2004 Jazz VTIS. I have driven this car from the northern end of the coast to South Brisbane each working day (63km round trip each work day). The car has clocked up 181,000 kms and only ever had to change the rear wheel bearings (under warranty) and in May this year (at 177,000 kms) I had to change the factory battery (yes, 7 years and 177,000 kms a new battery was required). The car is still like new inside and out. Driving in a straight line for most of the trip is great for your tyres as well. My 2nd set are just still roadworthy at 181,000 kms (they will need replacing very soon though). I replaced the original set of tyres at 90,000 kms. I got 105,000 kms out of the front brake pads and the rear shoes are still factory original! The AC still blows cold on those hot days and I have had nil issues with the gearbox.

I plan to keep my Jazz for another 7 years and by then it will have about 360,000kms on it - I think the car will do it with no major issues. The only thing I am expecting to go on the car will be the clutch...

these are great cars and with correct maintenance (as in by the book) your car will do the daily commute with no issues at all.

GU357
19-07-2011, 07:51 PM
The car has clocked up 181,000 kms and only ever had to change the rear wheel bearings

thats odd, i replaced mine at 90 000kms they were loud as, couldnt figure out wtf was going on till they replaced them with the surface.
but it was under warranty even though the warrantee ended like 5yrs ago...