PDA

View Full Version : To mod exhaust or not?

mugen_ctr
04-07-2011, 10:55 PM
Hey ppl im contemplating on weather i should chop my axle back or not.
Before you go running off.... its a dis-continued an only one i know in australia, Vision R axle back, so im bit sketchy on modding it lol

Its 60mm, but it bottle necks down where it bolts up, meaning it will fit oem b-pipe. But the new b-pipe im gonna put in is 60mm all the way, no bottle neck, so it wont fit onto the current axle back.

Should i find another/swap axle back, so no moddin is needed? or just go ahead, an get the shop to cut off the bottle neck and weld up new piping?

Just looking for opinions atm, not in a rush to go an do anything :)

PS: its for a coupe model

dougie_504
04-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Hey bro, IMO cut/mod your Vision R. To me it's all about the muffler and tip for looks/sound, not the part that bolts onto your B-pipe - that just has to function properly, not look good or w/e. Nobody will see it anyway, it'll be tucked underneath your car.

And if you need to sell it you'll most likely have more luck given that it's a larger size, for all those B-series enthusiasts :)

mugen_ctr
05-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Hey bro, IMO cut/mod your Vision R. To me it's all about the muffler and tip for looks/sound, not the part that bolts onto your B-pipe - that just has to function properly, not look good or w/e. Nobody will see it anyway, it'll be tucked underneath your car.

And if you need to sell it you'll most likely have more luck given that it's a larger size, for all those B-series enthusiasts :)

cheers man :D, everything was pretty much what i wanted to hear lol, ill def get the shop to do it, even if it means a lil bit extra

quangsuke
05-07-2011, 12:26 AM
+1 for the chop, you never get money back for parts these days. Don't stress on future resale.

hitoriko
05-07-2011, 12:01 PM

exactly what i would say.

plus make life easier if you do any more mods you knwo that the exhaust wont be holding you back your HP

dougie_504
05-07-2011, 01:49 PM
Exactly, just cut it and enjoy it because you love that muffler!

Novak, I hear you picked up Manny's old exhaust. Will be nice to see you out on the track bro. Let me know when you go I'll come check it out :D

hitoriko
05-07-2011, 02:25 PM
yes i did im gonna use that to learn to weld with.

Sweet you ahve to PM me when theres another catch up havent see you guys in ages, and say hi to your missus from me and my wife

dougie_504
05-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Good idea to learn to weld!

Will do bro, maybe catch up next weekend if I can get a day off work.

mugen_ctr
05-07-2011, 06:55 PM
thanks heaps guys, an yeah with resale, i doubt ill be selling the exhaust any time soon, as loud as it is, i still love it :D

60mm all the way :)

dougie_504
05-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Show me when ya done bro

chauster
08-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Chop it and keep it for life.

:D

dougie_504
08-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Nothing wrong with chopping an exhaust anyway.

My Kakimoto (brand spanking new) had to be cut on the B-pipe section so that it was short enough to be shipped to Australia. Was annoyed initially but it looks perfect underneath and has never been an issue since installation.