PDA

View Full Version : NSW Overtaking on doubled line?

notJDM
04-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Well today the under-covers decide to fine me for going over the doubled line to overtake a car. I had to do it because the dumb driver infront was stopped there for ages trying to park the car.

How much is the fine? And how much demerits do I lose?

It's just a load of crap how they try get me for that, but the first thing they done was harass me and search me then when they couldn't find anything to bust me on. They decide to give me the fine and breath test me last. Suckers.

ep3rsteve
05-07-2011, 11:36 PM
Rules are you definitely can't overtake on double lines. Period.

It would make sense to overtake someone who is taking for ever, but you've just gotta sit back and wait for the slowpokes unfortunately.

It should be around 2 demerit points and a mid $200 fine.

Did you let the police search you car, or did they force their way in? Find out what reasons they had for this.

ekx105
05-07-2011, 11:55 PM
You cant cross a double unbroken line, even if a car is taking forever to park. I know its annoying waiting for them and watching all their attempts, but yeah.. Cant cross double unbroken lines!! Should of just watched in amusement and laugh at the attempts made by the driver hehe

Grayfox
06-07-2011, 12:24 AM
But if the cops were infront they would have most likely crossed the double lines.

WATAJK
07-07-2011, 08:27 PM
But if the cops were infront they would have most likely crossed the double lines.

Cops have a different set of rules to follow mate.
When you see cops perform an illegal act, you take down his registration, location of the vehicle (street, suburb), approximate time and report the matter.

This is one reason why 2 cops have it in for me and 1 reason why i have a harrassment order against him.
They think there above everyone but there the same as you and me PROVIDED those blue n red lights aren't on.
Oh btw, you can report inappropriate use of those to, example, to get across a red light lol

-Tom
07-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Cops have a different set of rules to follow mate.
When you see cops perform an illegal act, you take down his registration, location of the vehicle (street, suburb), approximate time and report the matter.

This is one reason why 2 cops have it in for me and 1 reason why i have a harrassment order against him.
They think there above everyone but there the same as you and me PROVIDED those blue n red lights aren't on.
Oh btw, you can report inappropriate use of those to, example, to get across a red light lol

Really?! I've seen them flash their lights just to get past red lights at least 3 times this year..